List Mgmt. Welcome Dom Sheed (Pick 11, 2013 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheed was always an inside mid but showed his worth as a wingman this year and played his best football in that role through that last half. Gaff on the other hand was always purely a wingman but showed he can be a capable inside mid.
I disagree. They basically switched his role with Redden in the finals. Redden became mostly outside and he was sent into the guts. It’s one of the best coaching moves I have seen us do in a while. Redden thrives on a wing and Sheed was able to play his best footy in his preferred role.

I disagree. They basically switched his role with Redden in the finals. Redden became mostly outside and he was sent into the guts. It’s one of the best coaching moves I have seen us do in a while. Redden thrives on a wing and Sheed was able to play his best footy in his preferred role.
Yes, yes and yes.

Coaches finally found roles for both to exceed at and we won a flag as a result. Amazing.

So average (except for 2013/2014), yet so many games.

I still remember when Eagles had a show on Channel 7 and a segment was the players commentating passages of play from previous seasons. Shuey went with the brutal

"And Brad Ebert kicks it down the line and for some reason, it does not end up out on the full like it normally does"

Guy could have been a top class player if he ever fixed his kicking. Instead he is just your average wingman.

I still remember when Eagles had a show on Channel 7 and a segment was the players commentating passages of play from previous seasons. Shuey went with the brutal

"And Brad Ebert kicks it down the line and for some reason, it does not end up out on the full like it normally does"

Guy could have been a top class player if he ever fixed his kicking. Instead he is just your average wingman.

Yup. Needed to fix that ball drop. Still remember that upset win over geelong where he was on fire... Woosha has a fair bit to answer for on the development of those young mids.

Yup. Needed to fix that ball drop. Still remember that upset win over geelong where he was on fire... Woosha has a fair bit to answer for on the development of those young mids.
That win over Geelong, especially the second quarter, was insane. Everyone of our 22 was on fire and were suddenly OP

Why is that Whoosh's fault? Shuey was in the same system as them, started as a half-forward and he turned out fine.

It's more to do with that fact that Ebert/Stevens etc were limited footballers than blaming why they didn't succeed on the club.

Why is that Whoosh's fault? Shuey was in the same system as them, started as a half-forward and he turned out fine.

It's more to do with that fact that Ebert/Stevens etc were limited footballers than blaming why they didn't succeed on the club.

As this year has abundantly proven (with Shreds and Redds), some mids look bog average when played as HFF's (see Ebert, Swift, Masten). Shuey has the skills to be good as a forward and mid, bust has mostly played midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That win over Geelong, especially the second quarter, was insane. Everyone of our 22 was on fire and were suddenly OP
Love it how we went on like we won a great final.
Yes, yes and yes.

Coaches finally found roles for both to exceed at and we won a flag as a result. Amazing.
Yes and No.

Redden has a high work rate and a tank and thats why he was able to replicate Gaff a bit. He was playing good footy in the guts prior to that and his best footy still is his inside work.

Yes and No.

Redden has a high work rate and a tank and thats why he was able to replicate Gaff a bit. He was playing good footy in the guts prior to that and his best footy still is his inside work.
Simmo's mantra when he first came to this great club was versatility and we just saw it pay off...:trophy:
IN SIMMO WE TRUST :moustache:

Woosh dropped the ball on ball skills.

Simmos first priority was ball skills.

/argument.

Sheed was always an inside mid but showed his worth as a wingman this year and played his best football in that role through that last half. Gaff on the other hand was always purely a wingman but showed he can be a capable inside mid.
You got that back to front mate, he was played far more inside after the Port game and racked up the contested possessions while Redden took a more outside role.

Yes and No.

Not saying that Redden is better inside or outside. Just saying that the coaches finally found roles suited to his skill-set and attributes this year and he thrived.

Contrast what Redden was able to do this year to what he achieved earlier at West Coast playing roles which didn't suit him.

I think I just ran into Dom Sheed in the Garden City bathrooms in full kit, I assume gearing up for a signing session. Don't think he washed his hands

I think I just ran into Dom Sheed in the Garden City bathrooms in full kit, I assume gearing up for a signing session. Don't think he washed his hands

3597704F-9E34-4F0D-A468-7E71909EFDBC.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Dom Sheed (Pick 11, 2013 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back