List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

At a kids birthday party, talking to one of my wife's friends (a purple) and holy ****ing hell does Harley Reid live rent-free in their heads.

Glorious.
When you leave you should drop the old deliberately-wrong-similar-name mistake.

For example, his name is James and you say:

"Yeah anyway nice to see you again Jamaine", then leave without giving him time to correct you.

"Yeah anyway nice to see you again Jamaine", then leave without giving him time to correct you.
He's a Freo fan and therefore a massive cuckold. He wouldn't dare correct him.

Settle down, it's a kids bday party....the freo supporter will be so p!ssed at the end, they won't remember a thing that was said!

Why we love him, and why opposition nuffie supporters and purples in general hate him:

As with so many Reid acts this year, it’s symbolic: the Eagles, the team which has rolled over and died more than anyone else in the last three years, aren’t going to let themselves be bullied.

Even though Harley sometimes gets caught when he tries to break a tackle, he breaks more tackles then getting done HTB and in time he'll learn when to take on and when not to take on but his teammates will need to help provide him options because when he has the ball he is elite in decision making and all that his teammates have to do is work to get into good receiving positions and Reid will hit them because he's also elite with his disposals especially handballing. If the oppo tackler has his fending arm covered then he can kick it to gain territory since his other arm will be free.

He tried to break through Rowell but Rowell is a physical beast and has five years of AFL conditioning from pre seasons. Chad Warner is ranked 1st in the league for broken tackles but he played pretty much every game whereas Harley's missed three matches plus it's his FIRST season and Warner's also had five years of AFL development. As he gets more pre seasons in him, he'll break more tackles and when he gets tackled, he'll still get more disposals away and reduce the chances of getting done HTB.

Imagine what he can do with more AFL pre seasons and experience. Brownlow potential for sure. We're blessed that he's doing all this epic stuff in his first season.

I notice that a lot of players incidentally end up flat on the grass after trying to tackle him . I lost count how many against Gold Coast . My daughter and I look at each other and laugh how many eat the turf after interacting with Harley . He seems to have such quick thinking he does what he needs to do and then oh yeah I'll sit this guy down while I'm at it . Like if you slo mo it's like an old Bruce Lee movie.

Yeah i noticed that too... one example him being tackled falling backwards and just before he hits the ground he spun the GC player to the ground to eat grass... loved it... the GC players didn't though :)

Yeah i noticed that too... one example him being tackled falling backwards and just before he hits the ground he spun the GC player to the ground to eat grass... loved it... the GC players didn't though :)

Fair enough that he assumed all GC players like eating grass after Rowells efforts

Needs to start injecting himself into games more often. We know how good he can play, will be someone to behold once he finds consistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to start injecting himself into games more often. We know how good he can play, will be someone to behold once he finds consistency.

Will be good to get another proper AFL pre-season into him. Probably not going to be the sort of guy that runs all day long and racks up 40 every week given the explosive crash and bash nature of how he plays. If over the summer he can build that tank to maintain a strong four quarter effort, learn some tactics to deal with the attention and regularly get 25 odd touches and a goal or two, he'd be doing pretty bloody well.

Reading back over his draft profile, looks like endurance was one of his weak points coming into the draft. Would be interesting to go back and see what the take on Dusty's fitness was coming into the league.

Was so good so quickly that people are bored of this version of him already and waiting for him to find the next gear. The next gear being All Australian lock, by the way.

Patience folks. He was ultra quiet and injured on the weekend, and he still delivered what I’m pretty sure is our kick of the season. Patience.

Liam Ryan not holding up his end here. I expect him to lift his game.

Was so good so quickly that people are bored of this version of him already and waiting for him to find the next gear. The next gear being All Australian lock, by the way.

Patience folks. He was ultra quiet and injured on the weekend, and he still delivered what I’m pretty sure is our kick of the season. Patience.

The good old fashioned stab pass. Who would have thought that in 2024 a fundamental skill would be so impressive 😂

Only attended 28% of CBA's too, compared to what has usually been around 80 since mid year

Also he's a teenager at the end of his first year.

A teenager who plays in the guts, it's a super physical style of play that he has. He's not on the HBF being fed the ball like other high first-round draft picks.

When you look at him play you think he's in his fourth year due to his strength and power.
He’s also been relied to be one of main prime movers. Thats not a very common thing with first year draftees. Even if they play inside they’d normally be 4th/5th in line. At times Harls has even been the second inside mid

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back