List Mgmt. Welcome Josh Rotham (Pick 37, 2016 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy To The Moon GIF by Fang Gang

He became such a nothing player over time. Got a lot of nothing marks down back from sideways kicks, and had a lot of nothing sideways kicks himself. Brought very little defensively either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He became such a nothing player over time. Got a lot of nothing marks down back from sideways kicks, and had a lot of nothing sideways kicks himself. Brought very little defensively either
I can't remember which year it was but I'm sure he was at one point leading the competition for marks, this was quite late in the season too. Just proves how meaningless some stats are in the current AFL environment.

Announced his departure:

Wouldn't be surprised if this guy is the pick of the crop for us this year.

13. Venables
37. Rotham
52. Willie
77. Waterman

In retrospect, quite funny that the last pick in the national draft has become the pick of the crop from West Coast 2016's draft class.

13. Venables
37. Rotham
52. Willie
77. Waterman

In retrospect, quite funny that the last pick in the national draft has become the pick of the crop from West Coast 2016's draft class.
You could even argue that list is in reverse order in how good of a player we selected (Venables unlucky).

Wasted talent turning a quick attacking third tall into a nothing defender.
Simpson/West Coast ****ed his development up. As much he’s been a spud he might have flourished bad he been to play as a running half back with the license to take the game on. Instead as soon as he was drafted he was developed to play taller and to our system.

Wasted talent turning a quick attacking third tall into a nothing defender.
I think his problem was he really suited the kick and mark style Simmo brought to us and was utterly unsuited to the play on at all costs modern game.

I think his problem was he really suited the kick and mark style Simmo brought to us and was utterly unsuited to the play on at all costs modern game.

This.

I mean Darren Glass was undoubtedly elite back in his prime and is in the conversation for one of the greatest KPDs since 2000 - but he would not get a game today. Too slow, questionable by foot and in a zonal defence would struggle to cover his opponent.

These things happen, it's not necessarily the fault of the player, just that the game evolves.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Josh Rotham (Pick 37, 2016 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back