News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Im very happy to have Hammer at the club.

We have plenty of good young talent coming through

To miss on a young second round dribbler that will take years to come good (if at all) is no loss imo.

The bulk of carlton supporters will b spewing about this (but of coarse they wont admit it now):D

how the hell did brad "spud" miller pull pia it boggles the mind

He sat behind me at a NAB Cup game earlier in the year. He's a good looking rooster. Nice bloke too.

With regards to Hampson, now that it appears official, lets get on board. I hope he plays as well for us as he does against us.

Would you suggest he reached his potential ?? or way off it ? I'm not clued in to what you guys have at the club as far as development coaches go. Is that an area that is good or needs more resources etc ?

In fairness - he's pretty frustrating.

"Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" were the words of one of our recent midfield coaches.

He can look a million dollars with his mobility and when he takes the occaisional grab - but his lack of game smarts, and lack of knowledge about where to run etc is pretty testing - especially when he doesn't hold simple marks.

He might thrive in a new environment - he's an atheltic specimen, fantastic leap and pretty quick.

He just needs to play solely as a ruckman with Maric, and leave Vickery as a permanent forward.

Will give the women of Richmond plenty to gawk at though.

He needs to be played to his strengths (as a ruckman).

To be confirmed shortly but all reports are that the deal has been completed and we'll be picking up Shaun Hampson for pick 28(current pick).

Hampson is sure to split opinions among the supporters but he does have the ability to become a good player for us if he can be played in his preferred position of first ruck. For those that aren't aware Hampson won hitout to advantage 17.4% of the time per contest, which is ranked number 1 in the AFL. With our side struggling to win clearances last year, often relying on sharking the oppositions hitout, having a ruckman who can win the hitout to advantage may help us in that area.

Not too fussed about this, gives us some extra height which IMO I think we need in the ruck and up forward. We've done as good as anyone with recycled players of late, hoping he's tuns out the same.

Here's what I think.

We probably paid a touch overs. I'd have thought a pick in the Mid 30's (ala Maric) is about right. But the thing is, Ruckman are in high demand and probably command overs...

I think it's a pretty astute pick by the Tigers. We lack a genuine tap ruckman with a major leap. I think if Hampson is played primarily as a Ruckman he could improve rapidly next year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am stoked.

Maric and Hampson to ruck. We have a bash and crash ruck and a tall leaping man mountain. Just need to keep it simple for Hampson when and were to run and bingo, good times.

Stoked!

does that mean the big o is gone .

As much crap as he is copping, im genuinely excited about getting him (even if we paid a little overs). He's a freak athlete, and should be in his prime right now, he will learn a lot of maric for sure, and i trust our coaching staff to pass on the necessary footy smarts to make him a contributor. We needed an out and out freak athlete at the team, not to mention the added height helps too!

Does he make the 22?

Morris Rance Grimes
Houli Chaplin Vlastuin
Deledio Cotchin Ellis
Knights Vickery Martin
Edwards Riewoldt King
Maric Conca Jackson
Newman Grigg Edwards... Petterd/Foley/Dea/Hampson/McBean/Arnot

with the dynamic this will bring to our team everyone will be praising our recruiting department, if we have paid over which i think we have it isn't by much, certainly not enough to sook about, the only thing that will foil this is if he fails to fire, i have confidence in our ability to get the best out of our players, it's a Richmond culture.......................

Does he make the 22?

Morris Rance Grimes
Houli Chaplin Vlastuin
Deledio Cotchin Ellis
Knights Vickery Martin
Edwards Riewoldt King
Maric Conca Jackson
Newman Grigg Edwards... Petterd/Foley/Dea/Hampson/McBean/Arnot

One of him or McBean would take the 3rd forward spot. If its McBean then Vickery is 2nd ruck. If its Hammer then Vickery is a permanent forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back