Does he make the 22?

Morris Rance Grimes
Houli Chaplin Vlastuin
Deledio Cotchin Ellis
Knights Vickery Martin
Edwards Riewoldt King
Maric Conca Jackson
Newman Grigg Edwards... Petterd/Foley/Dea/Hampson/McBean/Arnot

A Edwards will have a massive pre season on the piss so Hampson will be in. My guess will be King will be on the fringe. Arnot IMO will be a bloke who ends up playing 200 games and from next year will be in our best 22 easy

One of him or McBean would take the 3rd forward spot. If its McBean then Vickery is 2nd ruck. If its Hammer then Vickery is a permanent forward.

Well as of now Aaron Edwards is pretty much a lock. Which would then mean a forward line consisting of McBean/Hamson/Maric, Edwards, Riewoldt, Vickery at any given time. Too tall when we have no real genuine smalls?

Having had time to think about the trade, I like it, I like it a lot.
When compared to 2 premier Ruckman being Sandilands and Cox.
Hampson in his third and his most efficient year of playing regular 1's football led him to play 15 games for Carlton in 2009, he averaged 8 Disposals and 19 Hitouts.

Sandilands in his third year of regular 1's football played 18 games with an average of 10 Disposals and 23 Hitouts when in comparison those numbers reflect Hampson to be a very intriguing and promising prospect and when you include Cox's third year playing 19 games with an average of 11 Disposals and 17 Hitouts it paints a promising picture for Hampson.

We may have found a player on our hands, he could become anything, use him correctly and we could propel to the top 4 regions with Meagan by his side with the Maric/Hampson ruck duo. (Riddled by injuries other years, in 2012 the year he had a breakout somewhat he played 13 games for an average of 9 Disposals and 19 Hitouts, he has the traits we just need to put him in a position to gather the ball more). Needs to be used as a Ruck/Resting Forward.

Well as of now Aaron Edwards is pretty much a lock. Which would then mean a forward line consisting of McBean/Hamson/Maric, Edwards, Riewoldt, Vickery at any given time. Too tall when we have no real genuine smalls?

yup and we could be going for chappy who is a champ. just dont get it.

I know most of you don't rate Hammer, but to be fair he was behind one better ruckman (warnock) and a better workhorse (Kreuze). In most CFC opinion his ruck work is just as good if not better than Kreuze but unfortunately hasn't been without injury. If he stays injury free, he'll do better at Tigers than he would here.

Don't rule him out just yet. Athletic machine and was a state champion over 100m (one of the fastest at CFC). Hope he works well for you excluding round 1.

Welcome to Richmond Shaun Hampson! I think Hampson might prove a few people wrong when he plays for Richmond. His work in the ruck is excellent and he has the potential to be a handy target up forward. It will be interesting to watch how he develops and see if he takes the 3rd tall spot in the forward line rotating through the ruck with Ivan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What genuine smalls? Don't need them, the game has gone past that. Just load up on mids and more mids and rotate them through instead of the bench.

Oops, didn't see you had Azza as the 3rd tall. My mistake. Wouldn't be calling him a lock for next year from what I'm aware. For starters McBean would have already been playing ahead of him last couple of weeks if he didn't get injured. And the club are desperate to play him. Now with us looking at potentially playing 2 pure rucks in the same side there wont be a spot for him. They'll all get games though throughout the year. Wouldn't think McBean plays more than 8-10

What genuine smalls? Don't need them, the game has gone past that. Just load up on mids and more mids and rotate them through instead of the bench.

Walters is an integral part of Freo as a small forward. Same goes Ballantyne except he choked on the big stage. We have some very good talls that rarely get out marked. Problem is once it hits the ground they may as well have been out marked because oppo has clean possession. Martin and co can't crumb the packs.

I know most of you don't rate Hammer, but to be fair he was behind one better ruckman (warnock) and a better workhorse (Kreuze). In most CFC opinion his ruck work is just as good if not better than Kreuze but unfortunately hasn't been without injury. If he stays injury free, he'll do better at Tigers than he would here.

Don't rule him out just yet. Athletic machine and was a state champion over 100m (one of the fastest at CFC). Hope he works well for you excluding round 1.
I think too many have been following the criticism from Carlton fans. (I myself am guilty of that) Also, the fact he's not a very good forward where you guys have tended to play him. Just hope we play him ruck

Walters is an integral part of Freo as a small forward. Same goes Ballantyne except he choked on the big stage. We have some very good talls that rarely get out marked. Problem is once it hits the ground they may as well have been out marked because oppo has clean possession. Martin and co can't crumb the packs.

So how many crummers can we afford to have in the team? Walters and Ballantyne are crucial to Freeo because of the defensive pressure they bring to the table, not their crumming ability. Why can't Martin and co crumb the packs and kick goals when they are being rotated through the fwd line? Look at Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney.

So how many crummers can we afford to have in the team? Walters and Ballantyne are crucial to Freeo because of the defensive pressure they bring to the table, not their crumming ability. Why can't Martin and co crumb the packs and kick goals when they are being rotated through the fwd line?

who said they can't??

So how many crummers can we afford to have in the team? Walters and Ballantyne are crucial to Freeo because of the defensive pressure they bring to the table, not their crumming ability. Why can't Martin and co crumb the packs and kick goals when they are being rotated through the fwd line?

Probably 1 good one with defensive skills. The others can't because they aren't capable. Otherwise I'm sure they'd do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back