News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting thing for me is he has only played 63 games according to CFC website so a little way off that 80-100 games club seem to like to get into a player for experience/maturity etc

Looked back at the last 4 drafts. Past pick 30 I could hardly find anyone I have heard of alone a good player.
We probably have more of a chance of turning Hampson to a top 22 player then getting one from the draft at pick 30ish

Good work Tiggys. Think it's a win for both parties, pick 30 in a shallow draft is a hit or miss pick. Carlton will probably send it to Brisbane for Docherty or Hawthorn for Savage (sweeteners in there also most likely).

Hampson will do ok at the Tiges, is a decent number one ruck but for gods sake just don't play him forward.

Enjoy and cheers Hammer/Megan. :thumbsu:

I'm thinking he may not make the team unless an injury occurs to Maric or vickery because we can't really play more than 3 talls otherwise the forwad line will became crowded. We might be able to stretch to 4 talls but to do that we would have to have a really good small forward like Dayle garlett or Andrew Krakour for year or two or even jay kennedy-harris.

I remember when we were chasing the Maric trade Carlton posters where trying to sell us Hampson then to!

We didn't sell you anything Mr. Magic. You bought him.

You didn't buy him to be your second ruck-man. He'll be starting first up next year and when you seeing him leaping over NicNat, you'll smile..........just a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pick.28 confirmed. Feel like we dodged a bullet there. Billy Longer come on down to Glenferrie young man.

What's with the posting in the RFC forum?

Nothing to do with Richmond or Hampson.
Trolling little poo and wee.

I know you won a flag and well done but don't turn into Veruca Salts.

I made this pic in about 10 minutes. Good fun.

1208707_10152016198217577_317890709_n.jpg

What's with the posting in the RFC forum?

Nothing to do with Richmond or Hampson.
Trolling little poo and wee.

I know you won a flag and well done but don't turn into Veruca Salts.

Reiterating some of the concerns that Richmond supporters have voiced in here that second rounder for Hampson is overs. Hawks and Tigers were both vying for the attention of Longer and im pretty please we look to have come up trumps. For your sake I hope i'm wrong and Hampson.

Reiterating some of the concerns that Richmond supporters have voiced in here that second rounder for Hampson is overs. Hawks and Tigers were both vying for the attention of Longer and im pretty please we look to have come up trumps. For your sake I hope i'm wrong and Hampson.

Because you are going to be giving up a first rounder for him. We wouldn't have given up that much/

I can tell you Maric would be stoked with this trade, hell we most likely extended his playing career now that he has a dedicated second ruck. As to those worried how can we play all three? Tyrone will play forward now 95% of the time, he either performs or gets replaced. Great trade, gives Maric a chop out, puts pressure finally on Tyrone AND we play a 200cm plus monster in a position he enjoys

Does he make the 22?

Morris Rance Grimes
Houli Chaplin Vlastuin
Deledio Cotchin Ellis
Knights Vickery Martin
Edwards Riewoldt King
Maric Conca Jackson
Newman Grigg Edwards... Petterd/Foley/Dea/Hampson/McBean/Arnot

Yes he does. Expect to see Maric playing deep forward with Riewoldt and Vickery floating higher. Jack and Ty are both very mobile and cover the ground well, having them up the ground will give them more opportunity to lose their opponents in traffic and get more 1-1 contests. Maric/Hampson sitting deep forward will give us the long get out option that we can go long to when under pressure.

The other bonus with having Jack and Ty up the ground is when the opposition are trying to clear their D50 they will have Jack Ty and Maric/Hampson sitting across the middle of the ground ready to pick off the long kick out.

We didn't sell you anything Mr. Magic. You bought him.

You didn't buy him to be your second ruck-man. He'll be starting first up next year and when you seeing him leaping over NicNat, you'll smile..........just a bit.

Ivan Maric is quite clearly our number 1 ruck and that weren't change

I can tell you Maric would be stoked with this trade, he'll we most likely extended his playing career now that he has a dedicated second ruck. As to those worried how can we play all three? Tyrone will play forward now 95% of the time, he either performs or gets replaced. Great trade, gives Maric a chop out, puts pressure finally on Tyrone AND we play a 200cm plus monster in a position he enjoys

Yes Vickery to play deep forward.

Has the strength to outmark opponents.
Just needs to back himself in.Has shown good improvement this year so I'm hoping for a big one from Vickery next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back