News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

As I alluded to earlier in the thread, 2nd round compo makes this worthwhile.

Essentially, Out: White and McGuanne and In: Hampson and Cap Room.

I think that is great because we have the depth to cover players like White and McGuanne but not so much a player like Hampson

Bloody spot on

To be honest, we NEEDED a ready to go ruck. Maric's body can't handle it all on his own. Vickery is more a forward, and is needed there. Orren is old/might retire, Derickx isn't up to it. One of Stephenson or Derickx will be gone shortly, possibly both. We had no choice but to find a ready make AFL ruck who can come in and do a job. Hampson was the cheapest and best option available, that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

I think this trade will be a win for both parties.

images

I could definitely be wrong but I get the feeling that Maric hasn't got a whole heap of football left in him. I think there was an article last year that mentioned something about a debilitating groin injury.

I could definitely be wrong but I get the feeling that Maric hasn't got a whole heap of football left in him. I think there was an article last year that mentioned something about a debilitating groin injury.

That can change now if it's managed properly (which it can be now).
Left as only ruck for another season would see him on the way out pretty soon though. I see this trade as getting a ruck and also extending the career of another one

This is kind of my feeling, to jump so fast into trade week for a ruck, it really suggests Maric is about to slide badly in form or won't be able to play a full season, that and would be a fairly good indicator to where the club sees every other ruck prospect right now... Remember the article came up when he was in a form slump, something about a degenerative groin injury? or something along those lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep hearing that he is soft and can't take a mark, but from my point of view every time the ball was kicked to him in their forward line I was shitting myself. The guy is absolutely huge. When he leaps at the footy and extends his arms it is ridiculous. I am aware he lacks footy smarts and is still very raw in terms of experience, but this guy's frame combined with his athletic ability means that IF he ever puts it all together we will be laughing. Obviously a big IF, as Carlton have been in the IF stage for 8 years. At worst he is a good replacement for Maric if he goes down. I like it.

Two out of three are ball magnets. Carriers and ball getters.
The other is a first ruckman who can go all day.

No correlation to Hampson.

In terms of the what a shit pick up and we should have got someone else type comments there is plenty of correlation between the 4. Nice to know our supporters are so supportive before a new recruit even plays a game.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but even if we get nothing for White and McGuane we still have a second round compo pick in the bank
Forgot about that.....wonder when we will use that?
Next years draft seems to be the better one if you believe what you read.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but even if we get nothing for White and McGuane we still have a second round compo pick in the bank
No we don't. We activated it last year at the start of the season. We have nothing "in the bank".

Welcome Shaun! Really glad we have a back up for Ivan and I think Ivan will relish having a chop out!
Hampson can play but does have a lot to work on but is only 25 so has time on his side!

Hope he's the next Blair Hartley Special!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back