News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Shaggers. For the doubters out there go have a look at Maric stats at the same age.

Got a feeling this will turn out alright for us :D

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but even if we get nothing for White and McGuane we still have a second round compo pick in the bank

I thought we used that pick on Todd Elton two years ago? Pretty sure we've only ever had the one compensation pick.

Our recruiters would've obviously realized there wasn't too much talent available at pick 28, so by going after Hampson for this pick it would benefit a team a lot more.

Exactly, it's already been said that it's a very shallow draft. Our recent trades have been fantastic, I can't see any reason why this should turn out any different.

Those saying that Hampson is a dud and won't do anything are the ones that said the same about Maric. Maric couldn't get a game at the Crows either.
He doesn't get the benefit of coming in to replace Graham though.. However if Maric gets injured the public opinion will change pretty quickly. I just find it surprising they made a deal that fast, can't imagine the competition from other clubs would've been too high for him. Main doubts are simply his skills outside the ruck and the usual paranoia of "what if that pick ends up being the next star player"

He doesn't get the benefit of coming in to replace Graham though.. However if Maric gets injured the public opinion will change pretty quickly. I just find it surprising they made a deal that fast, can't imagine the competition from other clubs would've been too high for him. Main doubts are simply his skills outside the ruck and the usual paranoia of "what if that pick ends up being the next star player"

Eh. We need another Ruckman. Simple as that. Hampson is a good Ruckman, can take a good mark or two. Work on his goal kicking and disposal and we are golden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've read mixed reactions about the new back up to our Mullet. Don't forget big Ivan was bridesmaid to Jacobs, Tippet and McKernan before he moved to the RFC to stamp his authority as our preferred ruckman. In what many pundits say will be a shallow draft, Hampson is certainly an upgrade from the Big O & Derickx.

Hampson is far better than many give him credit for. With a half decent forward/marking coach he will muck his doubters look like idiots. You get the added bonus of having vickery turn into a genuine chf. I think you'll come out ahead here if the shallow draft pool turns out right

Got a feeling this will turn out alright for us :D

I share your feeling and am disappointed the Blues gave him up so cheaply when just a few years ago Port reportedly offered pick 9 and we turned them down. Play him in the ruck resting forward and I think you blokes will be pleasantly surprised by what he adds to your team.

Another good get from the Tigers to kick of the trade season.

I feel better now after watching Hampsons highlights...Grigga and Hammer teamed up a few times it seems

Big guys take a bit of time, as Dan Richo says, Hampsons best footy is ahead of him

A 201 cm ruck is a good thing...and Ivan and Ty will be wrapt with the chop out

Pretty sure we used the tambling compo pick in last years draft. We took McIntosh at 31 and Messiah, I mean Mcbean at 33. Could be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure that is spot on.... well sort of anyway. We traded the Tambling compo pick to the gold coast for their nathan bock compo and pick 26 in that year. We drafted Todd Elton with pick 26. We then used the compo pick on McIntosh the next year as you said. Then we used our 2nd pick (33) on McBean...

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back