Toast Welcome to Carlton Sam Docherty!

Remove this Banner Ad

so what sort of deal would he be on?

The one that gives you good money at the end of the month... not the one that gives you 40 injections a week and then gives you a bit of money at the end of the month.

Synbad on a rant about how crap we are - recruiting, assistant coaches, list, trading, anything really.

Not entirely sure how we could have done a better job than what we have thus far to be fair.

• Daisy - successfully signed for a little less than what we were originally anticipating
  • Didn't get suckered into matching the, admittedly, market value contract of Betts that will end with buyer's remorse (he doesn't put them any closer to a premiership than he put us - great player but not a game changer as far as premierships are concerned and reaching the downside of a great career)
  • Shaun Hampson trade was a steal when compared to what Sydney got for Mumford
  • Transformed the Hampson trade into another steal by being able to stay in the second round (with that pick) and get a former first round pick, high character & potential gun, who has passion for the guernsey
We still have a day to go and have feelers out there whether or not anything comes of them.
I would have liked to have gotten into the Pies trades but it wasn't on the cards. Adams wanted Collingwood and we didn't have the currency to trump their Eagles trade.

TC is bizarro world. I got chased off that board, made not to feel welcome, when one of their top posters asked me to contribute a post that I made in 2012 there and haven't been back ever since. In the time since what I posted has been become the accepted reality of that situation and now that we're on a high they're unable to see it for what it is.

Sammy has been on a bit of a twitter spree tonight. Following nearly everyone Carlton player. Now he just needs to get instagram ;)

Interesting to note in the middle of following Carlton players, he followed Kristian Jaksch & Jed Lamb too.

Not entirely sure how we could have done a better job than what we have thus far to be fair.

• Daisy - successfully signed for a little less than what we were originally anticipating
  • Didn't get suckered into matching the, admittedly, market value contract of Betts that will end with buyer's remorse (he doesn't put them any closer to a premiership than he put us - great player but not a game changer as far as premierships are concerned and reaching the downside of a great career)
  • Shaun Hampson trade was a steal when compared to what Sydney got for Mumford
  • Transformed the Hampson trade into another steal by being able to stay in the second round (with that pick) and get a first round pick who has passion for the guernsey
We still have a day to go and have feelers out there whether or not anything comes of them.

I would have liked to have gotten into the Pies trades but it wasn't on the cards. Adams wanted Collingwood and we didn't have the currency to trump their Eagles trade.

TC is bizarro world. I got chased off that board, made not to feel welcome, when one of their top posters asked me to contribute a post that I made in 2012 there and haven't been back ever since. In the time since what I posted has been become the accepted reality of that situation and now that we're on a high they're unable to see it for what it is.

It's insane. If you believed everything you read on that site you'd think we were worse than Melbourne & St Kilda combined.

Synbad on a rant about how crap we are - recruiting, assistant coaches, list, trading, anything really.

This is a happy place. Just like the Essendope thread on TC was during the season.

Always fun trying to navigate through the shit on TC. It's like our board after a loss to Essendon except the crap goes on for the entire year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues excited by Sam

Blues excited by Sam

B: McInnes - Jamison - Tuohy
HB: Simpson - Watson - Walker
C: Thomas - McLean - Gibbs
HF: Yarran - Henderson - Menzel
F: Kreuzer - Waite - Garlett
R: Warnock - Judd - Murphy

I/C: Carrazzo - Robinson - Docherty

Sub: Lucas

Emerg: Armfield Bell Buckley Bootsma Casboult Curnow Graham Rowe Scotland Temay Pick 13

Unsure where Everitt would fit in.
Almost exactly how I would pick the side, probably just Curnow still in the best 22 imo and if Docherty can hold down hbf, move Walker to the hff.

Everitt would take McInnes spot, at least for a time as McInnes develops his game.

Almost exactly how I would pick the side, probably just Curnow still in the best 22 imo and if Docherty can hold down hbf, move Walker to the hff.

Everitt would take McInnes spot, at least for a time as McInnes develops his game.

Everitt would provide a lot more run and rebound then Mcinnes does and he is a penetrating kick. Not sure how they would compare defensively though.

Everitt would provide a lot more run and rebound then Mcinnes does and he is a penetrating kick. Not sure how they would compare defensively though.

I'm not the biggest Andy Mc fan around but he has Everitt beat defensively. Has a real determination in that aspect of his game that Everitt lacks. It's that mongrel others have spoken of as a reason they're not really on the for side of an Everitt trade.

I'm not the biggest Andy Mc fan around but he has Everitt beat defensively. Has a real determination in that aspect of his game that Everitt lacks. It's that mongrel others have spoken of as a reason they're not really on the for side of an Everitt trade.

TBH I'm not too fuss either way. Won't be against getting him if we only have to downgrade our 2nd and give away Laidler. Mcinnes and Boots are under no pressure since they have plenty of time to develop in the 2nds.

Mcinnes, Boots, Everitt and White as our 3rd tall defender stocks isn't too bad with Boots been a long term prospect.

I suppose White won't last beyond 2014 regardless of whether we get Everitt or not though.

Yep what a steal, if we didn't trade Hampson it was time to delist him after seven seasons. We effectively got Doc for a bullants player, deals don't get more sweater than that, great work CFC and thanks Tiggers.

How so.

Had 1yr left on his contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Carlton Sam Docherty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back