Toast Welcome to Carlton Sam Docherty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep what a steal, if we didn't trade Hampson it was time to delist him after seven seasons. We effectively got Doc for a bullants player, deals don't get more sweater than that, great work CFC and thanks Tiggers.

I love people like you Jock... your blind inability to accept that everyone recruited by us has talent... it is up to the club to ensure that those players fulfill their promise and potential as footballers.

But no... people like you seem to want to sink the slippers into our own players every chance you can get and eventually when they are forced out, you happily stand on your soapbox banging your chest proclaiming that you were eventually proven right and that they were crap because we got rid of them.

I would love to see a return to the days when we could have a senior side, a reserves side and an under-19s side and there was less pressure on kids to come into the club and start performing instantly to make you feel good.

To be honest, back in the 70s and 80s when I was growing up, there was rarely any player who came in and made a serious impact on the game until they were 21 or 22 years old. But these days, we are expecting 17 and 18 year old kids to rock up to the club after draft day and suddenly start playing like someone who is 4-5 years older.

And even then you might get a kid like Daniel Rich who comes into their club and makes an impact, but then seems to disappear the year after because the other clubs have had a good look at him at AFL level and have worked out how to play against him. But it isnt the clubs fault or the players fault that second year blues occur... it's just the playing field being leveled against someone who was an unknown quantity.

Sammy has been on a bit of a twitter spree tonight. Following nearly everyone Carlton player. Now he just needs to get instagram ;)

Interesting to note in the middle of following Carlton players, he followed Kristian Jaksch & Jed Lamb too.

Great stalking ;)

Love the guy's obvious excitement and passion. I get the impression of an excited kid getting to meet their idols :D Just hope he doesnt get too star struck on field :eek:

Great addition to the club!

Watching his CFC TV Highlights, he looks a lot like Walker off half back, very similar running style and game play.

Very handy kick also.

Looking forward to seeing him in 2014!!

Great addition to the club!

Watching his CFC TV Highlights, he looks a lot like Walker off half back, very similar running style and game play.

Very handy kick also.

Looking forward to seeing him in 2014!!
:eek:

I love people like you Jock... your blind inability to accept that everyone recruited by us has talent... it is up to the club to ensure that those players fulfill their promise and potential as footballers.

But no... people like you seem to want to sink the slippers into our own players every chance you can get and eventually when they are forced out, you happily stand on your soapbox banging your chest proclaiming that you were eventually proven right and that they were crap because we got rid of them.

I would love to see a return to the days when we could have a senior side, a reserves side and an under-19s side and there was less pressure on kids to come into the club and start performing instantly to make you feel good.

To be honest, back in the 70s and 80s when I was growing up, there was rarely any player who came in and made a serious impact on the game until they were 21 or 22 years old. But these days, we are expecting 17 and 18 year old kids to rock up to the club after draft day and suddenly start playing like someone who is 4-5 years older.

And even then you might get a kid like Daniel Rich who comes into their club and makes an impact, but then seems to disappear the year after because the other clubs have had a good look at him at AFL level and have worked out how to play against him. But it isnt the clubs fault or the players fault that second year blues occur... it's just the playing field being leveled against someone who was an unknown quantity.
Geez, that's a ripper post. A lot there for all of us dreamers I reckon. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Just reckon 'handy' was underselling him a little. Certainly going on his tapes and draft accounts. Will replace Scotto by foot quite easily I think although I can't say if he is as dual sided.
a highlight reel is very easy to make someone look better then they are (not saying he is a spud)
will have to see him play a full game before I give him further praise

should definitely be a good replacement for scotto though

He's still very young, we need to be patient with him...From the games I've watched of his (almost all of them) he has a heap of defensive stuff to work on and needs confidence and continuity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still very young, we need to be patient with him...From the games I've watched of his (almost all of them) he has a heap of defensive stuff to work on and needs confidence and continuity.
Doesn't finish top 5 in B & F questions need to be asked.

Well done Blues!! Awesome pickup. To be honest hardly saw the Lions this year but looking at his highlights package you can tell he will be a gun! Eagles also did well with Yeo, gonna be a player. Brisbane definitely the losers of this trade period.

a highlight reel is very easy to make someone look better then they are (not saying he is a spud)

The highlight reel is from his 13 games this year. It is 3 and a bit minutes of quality football.
Contrasts with Patrick McCarthy's 2013 highlights video that runs for 1 minute and has plenty of filler.

Gee some people have short memories. Just remember, "not all spuds is spuds".

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Carlton Sam Docherty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back