Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

So far, I’ve written off Nash, CJ and most recently Chol. This has all proven to be moronic on my behalf.
So, I’m turning my talents over here.

In my opinion, DGB is gone. Poor fitness, lack of discipline and a surplus of options ahead of him. I’d say it’s time to trade him but I reckon he’ll be someone else’s issue as a DFA next season

I would definitely play him the last couple of games.
Yeah - particularly if we are sitting 9th - 11th and needing strong wins (albeit without continuity of our playing personnel 🙄) to make finals.

Just plug him in hey?

🤣

I could play and we'd still win by 15 goals
Here’s a tip, DGB isn’t getting selected ahead of anyone (including you) if we need to win those last two games to make the finals.

You don’t mess with a winning formula.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Prelim AND the Granny?
Jason Sudeikis Ted GIF by Apple TV

He is a centre half forward
Who hasn’t been played at CHF for the past 6 seasons.

Also with his 3 months off from mid Feb to mid May with a foot ligament injury he couldn’t possibly do the running necessary to play that position.

A delist and re-rookie in my books.

I think the most concerning thing is that he hasn’t progressed physically since being drafted. His aerobic capacity is well below AFL standard. They also cannot get him to put too much muscle on in one off-season otherwise it’ll make it harder for him to get his running up to scratch.

Obviously he has been hampered by injuries which has slowed his physical development. However, he seems unable to play his role at VFL level and regularly shows a lack of discipline with the fake ‘tough guy’ gig.

It could be possible for him to play a KPD-role at AFL level, but this would still be in two seasons or so at the earliest (provided no further significant injuries). However, I think a Scrimshaw 3rd tall type role may be more possible, though not much evidence exists to suggest this will eventuate. Certainly not the messianic predictions that litter this thread. Blanck, Serong and Phillips are all ahead of him.

Never has there been so much energy wasted, by so many, on a player who has shown so little.

Whatever the club does I’m fine with, including delisting.
When we praise out list management for recent moneyball additions, inspired trading and drafting, you have to accept if they let go of players as well. I fully trust our processes at the moment.

I think the fear about letting him go is a Josh Kennedy situation, but that was 15 years ago. I don’t think we have lost a young talent from the twos since, who had gone onto become a super star. Every player we have lost since then is either for money (Buddy) or goodwill (Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, smith, birchall). If we let DHB leave and he become a gun good luck to him. I’d rather keep playing frost until McCabe comes through.

He is a centre half forward

I ve been saying this forever now
Probably a full forward or nothing at all.
Doesn't seem to be able to run well enough for a half-forward/back role.

He's looked great at FF for a couple of games.
Very attacking, purposeful and sharp.
Then we reverted to using him as a defender again.
Go figure.

Who hasn’t been played at CHF for the past 6 seasons.

Also with his 3 months off from mid Feb to mid May with a foot ligament injury he couldn’t possibly do the running necessary to play that position.

yes he has ...the only good games he s played for Box hill and hawthorn (there's been about 6/7 of them in his whole time in total ) are at centre half forward where he played there last half of season + a few cameos the season before

bags of 3 and 4 goals at box hill and a couple of good games in seniors there ....he hasn't had one good game in defence

Probably a full forward or nothing at all.
Doesn't seem to be able to run well enough for a half-forward/back role.

He's looked great at FF for a couple of games.
Very attacking, purposeful and sharp.
Then we reverted to using him as a defender again.
Go figure.

yes ....he should be realising himself he is a forward and asking for that position .... your a shit defender Grainger ....you can mark and attack the ball in the air and are a good kick ....FORWARD is what you are

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back