Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

DGB is like the refrigerator.

We all keep going back every hour to check if something tasty has magically appeared inside.

But no,... still only some limp cabbage and a jar of mint sauce.

147 pages and still going.....
Who needs a fridge when you have the Battle… to pick your Uber Eats

He has had his chance and continually stuffs it up.

We have been ultra patient with him, but he is still unfit and a bloody idiot to boot.

Case in point on Saturday.

Box Hill close to within 3 points only for DGB (who had done nothing of note all day) to give away a downfield free for off-the ball nonsense some 70 meters away, and 30 out from the Williamstown attacking goal.

He has had 4 years.

Delist.

There sure is going to be a lot of melts in here should he be extended like I’ve heard he will be. I will believe it when it happens though.

If it does happen, be aware, there’s more to DGB’s formline than anything you’ve concluded from watching over the fence.

Are you serious?
He was drafted in 2020. You’re saying keep him on the list in expectation (or hope) that he may be playing good footy in 2028?

No chance of that.

I am.
But, I did say 2 more years.
Which means 2026 and he would be 24 years old.

How do you know there is no chance?

I still think he has some attributes which can make him afl player. In his draft year he mostly looked like interceptor and in current team is occupied by Sicily.

Also I still think moving him as defender last year has not helped as most he has shown as a forward (I like his couple of games as first year defender though.)

DGB is like the refrigerator.

We all keep going back every hour to check if something tasty has magically appeared inside.

But no,... still only some limp cabbage and a jar of mint sauce.

147 pages and still going.....
Don't forget the half eaten mustard pickle jar and two slices of processed cheese.

How good is it though checking the fridge the day after you have had Thai / Chinese takeaway for dinner and smashing the left overs 🤤

How good is it though checking the fridge the day after you have had Thai / Chinese takeaway for dinner and smashing the left overs 🤤
Just smashed my leftover Fathers Day Chicken Vindaloo with garlic naan...mmmmmmm

Anyways...err...yeah...Denver...errr...what's up with that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There sure is going to be a lot of melts in here should he be extended like I’ve heard he will be. I will believe it when it happens though.

If it does happen, be aware, there’s more to DGB’s formline than anything you’ve concluded from watching over the fence.
He won't be extended. 2 defenders coming in, and blanck to come back pushes him further down.

He will be part of a trade

In regard to DGB does anyone know if he's ever had glandular fever? How funny would it be if they figured out that he did which ended up explaining his bad tank only for it to eventually settle down and to have him go on to fulfil his potential.
We're running out of conditions to diagnose him with on here

I think only 1 of Phillips, DGB and Serong will be on the list next year. I think the preference is for it to be Serong but despite being contracted why would he hang around for 1 year when another club will probably give him 3 years?

You could see him joining his brother in WA as part of the Barrass deal - if you were WC you'd ask for him rather than Denver with our first rounder, and doubt it would be a showstopper for us.

Then I think if Serong leaves, Denver gets the nod over Phillips because of age and raw talent. If thats how it plays out, I really hope he gets a clear run at it with his body.

There always is, with every player. We've been watching him closely for a while.

I doubt he'll get an extension, but if he does I'll be baracking for him like any other player.

He modelled his game on James Sicily and Dylan Grimes. The latter just retired and the club he is parting from needs all the reinforcement it can get.

Tigers should be all over DGB.

I think we should back him and Peter Burges in and extend his contract for another 2 years.

Like Conor Nash at 22, I believe that Denver's weapons, even if they could actually be completely opposite to Conors, are still too good to ignore.

I believe his value to us will be at his highest in four years time when he could be the 26 year we need down back.
Option 1 - offer him as part of a trade to a club willing to offer him a senior list spot (ie. maximise whatever trade value he may still have)

Option 2 - delist and consider re-taking with our last rookie spot (if no one more promising is available)

Option 3 - delist and move on.

Under no circumstances should he fill a senior list spot in 2025 for 1 year, let alone 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back