Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026! Plays 100th game in the 2024 second semi-final

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan Moore is like a slower but slightly more contested version of Boomer Harvey. That takes nothing away from Moorey either, Boomer was freakishly consistent and one of the few players to hold a 20 disposal 1 goal average over their career. Rare player.

27 touches
5 goals
361 meters gained
12 score involvements

Best half forward in the league and I’ll fight anyone that thinks otherwise.
He should be All Australian if he keeps this up but the selectors generally try and cram in a couple of midfielders on the half forward line so he's up against it.

I agree though, he's the best "pure" half forward going.

Tough as nails as well.

Dylan Moore is like a slower but slightly more contested version of Boomer Harvey. That takes nothing away from Moorey either, Boomer was freakishly consistent and one of the few players to hold a 20 disposal 1 goal average over their career. Rare player.
Best comparison IMO.
Harvey was a gun throughout his career, even if he was a very selfish player.
Moore is less prolific but a team-first player.

Love what he's become since his delisting.

Day is the next captain.
He organises the team and has a greater impact all over the ground.
He is basically our new Hodge, without the aggressive physicality.
Sam Mitchell said as much in the after-match conference.
I would have said Day too, but now I'm leaning more towards Moore. In fact, I'm not sure we can passover Moore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AA selectors would do well to stop trying to fit inside mids into half frwd, frwd pocket and bench positions and just reward the best proper half frwd in the league with a well deserved AA selection for this little warrior! Been massive in our rise!
One AA selector, Cornes, loves him at least. Career best game yesterday and he’s been terrific after taking a couple games to warm into the season after illness. His work ethic is just sensational.

Total line ball between Moorey and Day for next captain.

I'd say Moore is the next to take the reigns and Day after.

Frenchy can take over from Day.

Succession planning complete.

Captain incumbent for mine. He's a true leader by way of his actions on and off the field. Selfless, hard at it, a team player and uncompromising. The epitome of a captain IMO.

Day may be our best player, and can still function as an on field coach too, he doesn't need to be captain for the to continue happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026! Plays 100th game in the 2024 second semi-final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back