Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re, the podcast. I quite enjoy listen to perspectives of others who love the club. But take their opinions as a grain of salt. They're no more credible than anyone on here. I agree with above poster about Moore. I thought they were way off the mark concerning what might pan out. Collectively, our small forwards have been a little underwhelming so far, particularly given the improvement further up the ground.

I like their passion and I consume some of their content occasionally because it is good to hear Hawks talk but it's not a great podcast.
I don't think any of the guys have even played much local footy and probably lack the insight or knowledge to be rating a players game.
I think that's quite negative and it's silly to rate a players individual performance like that without any knowledge of their real role in the team etc.
I have the same issue with the player ratings and ignore them, but I do like some of the other stuff they do, and the pods they did prior to the AGM vote were very good.

I’m surprised that the negativity towards a Hawk player is not coming from the dick on their show that grizzlym banned from here who now gets around on the main board playing the role of ‘Hawthorn realist’ saying similar things when they have a down games or predicting injuries to Chad, while pumping up other teams to harvest likes.
The ignore list is your friend for anyone who knows who I’m talking about.

Just think teams have put a lot more work into him, doesn’t get the freedom he once did.

Personally think his a midfielder long term that can go forward without needing a rest

We have so many options to roll through the midfield. I'd love to see him spend a little time there too, but it's impossible to fit everyone in there ATM. Good problems to be sure.

We have so many options to roll through the midfield. I'd love to see him spend a little time there too, but it's impossible to fit everyone in there ATM. Good problems to be sure.
Just enough to get him involved, like we used to do with Breust, Poppy and Cyril.

Gives someone like Day a chance to exploit some mismatches up forward.

Just enough to get him involved, like we used to do with Breust, Poppy and Cyril.

Gives someone like Day a chance to exploit some mismatches up forward.

Day and Newcombe both have the ability to have an impact as resting forwards. The problem is they're also our two best midfielders IMO.

Still, we've got to use them as forwards at times to help develop their individual games, and help develop others who would otherwise not really get a chance to play through the middle.

Outside of our main four midfielders at the moment we still have Ward, Mackenzie, Moore and MacDonald who can all play there. We have essentially eight players who are long-term options who can play through the middle. I don't know how we will juggle them all.

Day and Newcombe both have the ability to have an impact as resting forwards. The problem is they're also our two best midfielders IMO.

Still, we've got to use them as forwards at times to help develop their individual games, and help develop others who would otherwise not really get a chance to play through the middle.

Outside of our main four midfielders at the moment we still have Ward, Mackenzie, Moore and MacDonald who can all play there. We have essentially eight players who are long-term options who can play through the middle. I don't know how we will juggle them all.
This is key and probably what we start to see in the back half of the year, if you want to bring endless pressure you need mids that can rotate forward and let the next midfield team go in.

I reckon we are working in blocks of development at the moment. Day and jai are great marks to so with Lewis back they will get free a bit

Named captain this weekend!

What a rise! :D

355635358_639956998160118_6261973288027771188_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Named captain this weekend!

What a rise! :D

355635358_639956998160118_6261973288027771188_n.jpg
It's a shame that in that list they didn't include that he was a Box Hill premiership player in 2018. He was excellent that day.

Just wanted to say thanks for your work.
You have filled the missing link between this club and its fan base.
Curious to know, has the club employed you or just granted you access to the players?
Not a problem at all.
I am a school teacher by trade and am not employed by the club.
I reached out to some people I knew at the club at the beginning of last season and have worked with the clubs media department to facilitate interviews with coaches and players. Been incredibly fortunate that the club have given us access to the players.

Just wanted to say thanks for your work.
You have filled the missing link between this club and its fan base.
Curious to know, has the club employed you or just granted you access to the players?
Haven't had a genuine employee on these boards since the great KeeperLeaguer !

Followed shortly thereafter by his alias....

We now have a surplus of small forwards. Great "problem" to have.

From memory he played against Gold Coast.

Did Dylan play mainly as a midfielder or did he just play the odd cameo. ??

We now have a surplus of small forwards. Great "problem" to have.

From memory he played against Gold Coast.

Did Dylan play mainly as a midfielder or did he just play the odd cameo. ??
That game against GC in 2020?

From memory I reckon it was as a forward.

So apparently Moore has glandular fever and will miss at least the first month of the season. This might be Sam Butler's sliding door moment / opportunity. Anyone else got more (pardon the pun) to add to this?
Article says he will miss at least the next month. SO I would assume he is still a chance to be there Round 1 but more likely 2-3 depending on how he recovers

So apparently Moore has glandular fever and will miss at least the first month of the season. This might be Sam Butler's sliding door moment / opportunity. Anyone else got more (pardon the pun) to add to this?
It didnt say that at all

"Hawthorn forward Dylan Moore will spend at least the next month on the sideline after developing glandular fever."

Article at Moore sidelined with illness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back