Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

dead poets society GIF

I just came to post that Dylan Moore has kicked 11 straight this year.

What I like about Dylan Moore is he is hard at it.
What I like the most is that when he has a set shot kick for goal I feel pretty confident, there are not many of his teammates that I feel the same way when they are doing the same.

What I like the most is that when he has a set shot kick for goal I feel pretty confident, there are not many of his teammates that I feel the same way when they are doing the same.

He's a "big moment" player IMO.

I don't usually say cheesy things like this, but I think he's absolutely the kind of player that would stand up in big finals and deliver in the biggest moments.

He's a "big moment" player IMO.

I don't usually say cheesy things like this, but I think he's absolutely the kind of player that would stand up in big finals and deliver in the biggest moments.
His leadership embiggens the smallest man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24 disposals (10 contested)
1 goal
4 goal assists
9 score involvements
8 inside 50s
450 meters gained
28 pressure acts

When he throws up stat lines like that, he becomes the best half-forward in the league.

Change my mind.
They showed his stats early in the last and he had 15 touches, so he was getting the ball and providing an option at the death

Gun. Should be in AA discussions. Rarely makes a mistake or lets us down. Heart and soul player. Love him.
I've been posting on the All Australian discussion on the main page that he should make the AA squad.

I don't think he can make the final team (considering he will be up against Petracca and Bont for the hybrid mid/forward roles) but he's definitely worthy of making the squad.

To have the year he has after coming of Glandular Fever pre season is just nuts but we always knew he was as hard as a cats forehead.

Does anyone have the figures on how much time he is spending in the midfield?

Not sure where you can find the actual time spent, but here are his CBA stats:

R1 - none
R2 - 4 (max 22)
R3 - none
R4 - none
R5 - 9 (max 28)
R6 - 8 (max 30)
R7 - 4 (max 26)
R8 - 8 (max 31)
R9 - 6 (max 19)
R10 - 9 (max 27)
R11 - 8 (max 27)

Not sure where you can find the actual time spent, but here are his CBA stats:

R1 - none
R2 - 4 (max 22)
R3 - none
R4 - none
R5 - 9 (max 28)
R6 - 8 (max 30)
R7 - 4 (max 26)
R8 - 8 (max 31)
R9 - 6 (max 19)
R10 - 9 (max 27)
R11 - 8 (max 27)
By those numbers it is approx 30% CBAs, which is a little higher than I would have guessed. Probably explains why Ward wasnt getting much of a go and he is now out of the side

Last edited:
Finishing most weeks with bandages, while inspiring the team with courage and determination.

Rewind back to the 2020 off season when he didn't have a contract. Imagine going back in time and telling Hawthorn supporters of 4 years ago that Moorey would be the next closest thing we'd have to Luke Hodge in Brown and Gold.

Stunning transformation.

Finishing most weeks with bandages, while inspiring the team with courage and determination.

Rewind back to the 2020 off season when he didn't have a contract. Imagine going back in time and telling Hawthorn supporters of 4 years ago that Moorey would be the next closest thing we'd have to Luke Hodge in Brown and Gold.

Stunning transformation.
I saw him in the airport a few weeks ago lining up for a boost juice alongside a couple of other players.

Was quite funny to see some of the other guys looking very slick with nice haircuts and all the gear and Dylan was standing there with a massive black eye looking like he'd just gone ten rounds with Tyson!

I think Kane Cornes said a few weeks he's pound for pound the toughest and most tenacious player in the league. I don't always agree with Kane but he got that one right 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back