Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Harry Morrison.

Remove this Banner Ad

He's better than a depth player. Sometimes it's harder to see what's in front of you.
He just might be. That wasn't meant as a slight on Harry. I love what he brings to the table and as we saw during our premiership years depth is super important. If he sticks around, he could easily play 15+ games a year and some finals depending on team form/injuries. He may not be in our best 18, but is easily in our best 25.

Has worked his absolute ass off to get to this point, which not many do. Hes a valuable asset, whether that be as a depth player or more, he’ll get the most out of his position and potential.

Those last 3 picks in the 2016 draft are absolute All Time.

Morrison
Larkey
Lewis

Was there for Harry's debut (Hodgey's last game). He looked a player that day and I'm stoked for him reaching this milestone.

Also, one of the rare players on our list with finals experience wearing brown and gold.

As an individual player, his qualities shine even more in a stronger team.
Not merely because his physical football talents make him a peripheral player, but his leadership and organisation abilities brings out the best in the better players around him.

I still think the first 25 or so will outgrow him next season but won't ever complain about having him around.

Less than 20% of all AFL footballers ever make it to 100 games.
It's actually a bigger Milestone than we give credit for.

Well done Harry. đź‘Źđź‘Ź
Yep, I recently looked at it when I was trying to argue about FS and academy and how FS is such a miniscule chance.

Hawthorn has total 150x 100 game players. Then to have an 18 year old son in 2024 draft year (born 2006) you'd likely need to be a 100 game player born after between 1956 and 1991 to place them between 15-50 when the child is born.

That leaves Hawthorn with 78 past players who could possibly have a child in the 2024 draft year. Now Many of those will not have any male children. Most will have male children that do not aspire to be AFL footballers or are simply no where near good enough. so of a possible 78 fathers i'd say a generous 20 have players capable of reaching NAB league level. Of those 20 maybe 2 or 3 are born in the correct draft year. and of those 3 only probably 0 or max 1 is draftable.

GWS has 52 players in it's academy for the 2024 draft. Those academys are the equivelant of being in a NAB league club like Oakleigh Chargers, Geelong Falcons or Sandringam Dragons. Imagine having access to 52 players every year from that comp.

Those last 3 picks in the 2016 draft are absolute All Time.

Morrison
Larkey
Lewis

Was there for Harry's debut (Hodgey's last game). He looked a player that day and I'm stoked for him reaching this milestone.

Also, one of the rare players on our list with finals experience wearing brown and gold.
I was there as well and Harry’s first game was terrific.

Less than 20% of all AFL footballers ever make it to 100 games.
It's actually a bigger Milestone than we give credit for.

Well done Harry. đź‘Źđź‘Ź
And of that 20% that do make 100 games most of them were probably blessed with physical attributes that Harry doesn't have which makes his 100 games an even better achievement than most IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player like Harry will be a most valuable asset during finals
That little bit of experience and another calming influence to keep the rat pack on a straight line

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Harry Morrison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back