Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Duckwood was sooo much better at milking head high tackles than Ginni. We all knew Duckwwod was angling for the head high tackle, but never as obvious as Ginni’s method. Duckwood also changed with the times… when one method of milking a free kick was banned he stopped doing it and found another method.

Let’s put Poppy on the list as well. He 100% milked free kicks but always through legit methods. He drove through situations knowing they would take him high. Perfect milking.

Ginni keeps rising his arm. He does not need to do it… but it seems compulsive. Do the Hawks have coaches telling him this stuff? Do they think his arm lift is working? Or is he un-coachable?

The rest of his game is going really well… though I’d love to know how his opponents have done. Is Ginni defensively good… I have no idea.
Don't disagree at all. But the raising of the arms, from memory, didn't get outlawed until after he finished even though it was being discussed at the time. It was clear they were protecting his "reputation".

Don't disagree at all. But the raising of the arms, from memory, didn't get outlawed until after he finished even though it was being discussed at the time. It was clear they were protecting his "reputation".
The AFL clarified the change in interpretation in July 2022, whilst Selwood was still playing.

Great numbers again for a half frwd. Just keeps showing up week after week. Midfielder numbers means he's working his arse off. Now, if only he just straightens up his goal kicking!
Both Ginni and Moore are working their backsides off across half forward which is a real point of difference we have over other teams.

It's like we have an additional two midfielders (who are also kicking goals like a forward pocket would).

This kid could be anything - he’s everywhere and he’s always trying. Sometime overdoes it a bit but you can forgive it because he’s just working so hard. He could easily be top 3 in the PCM right now.

I am first to admit I was completely skeptical of this selection. But he has slowly won me over week after week. He has fone this through work rate and pressure. My knock was that he doesnt hit the scoreboard enough but today he showed that hes more than capable there.

He brings an energy to the group and he is going to be a player. Still needs to mature but its all there.

The kid has huge potential to be elite, keeps bobbing up and getting involved. Just needs to work on his delivery and goal kicking as he can be abit sloppy with his kicking at times, but he has already shown huge growth I think and is the type to be a strong leader of this young group. Very clever recruiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been excellent. Smart footballer. Needs to clean up his speed when releasing a kick sometimes. One thing that he has added to this squad I believe is we now have a personality. You can see all the celebrations and hand shake stuff is really good for this team I think. A real bond is being created. Ginni the glue man.

The above post from Will is as I imagined watching the moment live....
"YOU'RE EFFING HIM"
CJ comes in with much the same vibe. Dead eye slow walk with a dose of 'that was cold as Asahi beside Salmon Nigiri at the Tokyo fishmarkets'.

Our boys know a killer when they see one.
Ginni in the next remake of the Magnificent Seven.
The Magnificent Seven Film GIF

Day was just absolutely pumped, anyone who sees different have never played a team sport
I think it just looks weird because Day kept it going so long and Ginnivan didn’t match that particular vibe. His was more smiles and high fives.

This kid could be anything - he’s everywhere and he’s always trying. Sometime overdoes it a bit but you can forgive it because he’s just working so hard. He could easily be top 3 in the PCM right now.
He's been real close to some monster games this year, if he can tidy up his finishes he will be quite the player. Who knows in time he might be elite goal kicking mid, certainly has the tools.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back