Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Suckling played in premierships for the Hawks in 2014 and 2015 and then almost won another premiership for the Bulldogs in 2016. Suckling was injured during the finals and could have achieved this unique record if not for injury. He was robbed of a premiership medallion when Luke Beveridge chose to give his medal to Bob Murphy and not Matt Suckling.

Martin Pike almost did it when he played in a premiership for North Melbourne in 1999 and then after a year gap played in 3 premierships for Brisbane in 2001, 2002, and 2003.

In answer to your question, Jim Martin played in premierships for Essendon in 1912 and Fitzroy in 1913 and Tom Fitzmaurice played in premierships for Essendon in 1923 and 1924 and for Geelong in 1925.

There may be others, but it's a very unique feat that is very rare.
Another interesting one is Luke Ball.

He didn’t achieve the consecutive premierships with different clubs.

But in consecutive years (09/10) played 3 grand finals for 2 clubs, with a record of 1 win 1 loss and 1 draw.

On SEN tonight they said he is the worst accuracy in the competition based on where a player takes their shots.
It is weird because when he was at Collingwood he was a great kick for goal and regularly kicked from out near 50. Now anything outside 40 seems to trouble him for distance

On SEN tonight they said he is the worst accuracy in the competition based on where a player takes their shots.
It is weird because when he was at Collingwood he was a great kick for goal and regularly kicked from out near 50. Now anything outside 40 seems to trouble him for distance
my best guess is that he's tired. he didn't cover as much ground at Collingwood as he does at Hawthorn so he could solely use his energy on finishing. he's lifted his game to another level but it may take a while to get his finishing back to his best while upping his work rate.

Worst goal kicking rating measured against expected score.

So basically he’s missing easy goals.

Regardless, Ginni has been a monstrously important key since being traded to us. His energy and personality allowed several others in this rat pack to follow course and establish our 2024 brand. He is the pied piper for all of the excitement and is often holding the camera for the team selfies . He is the bridge to the younger generations and onfield he has far exceeded anything done at collingwood. Big game player so hopefully we can beat Roos and make the stage for him again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless, Ginni has been a monstrously important key since being traded to us. His energy and personality allowed several others in this rat pack to follow course and establish our 2024 brand. He is the pied piper for all of the excitement and is often holding the camera for the team selfies . He is the bridge to the younger generations and onfield he has far exceeded anything done at collingwood. Big game player so hopefully we can beat Roos and make the stage for him again

He's an unlikely but every effective leader. Tough as nails too, I've been super impressed with the way he walks through the treatment he cops.

In truth I'm astounded at how good he has been for this team. He's one of the real early-stage treasures of our 2024 rise.

Hope he gets the rest he needs to come out and tear up a final. He's ramped his workload up massively from his time at the Pies, it's understandable that he's playing sore like a lot of our guys have been.

Last edited:
With Jack being the most inaccurate kicks for goals this year going by Champion Data, with only a 13 percent conversion rate, does Jack need to play the percentages more.

By passing to a player in a better position then try to kick it himself if his in a worse spot to help the team become even better.

This is a beat up, clearly out watching Thursday night footy. 9PM isnt late if you watch to the end and say your goodbyes. Since it doesn't say 10pm I'm assuming he went home some time between 9-10.

This is a beat up, clearly out watching Thursday night footy. 9PM isnt late if you watch to the end and say your goodbyes. Since it doesn't say 10pm I'm assuming he went home some time between 9-10.
Sorry to intrude and I come in peace.
Totally agree, absolute crap, it says a lot about journos and the public taking sneaky photos and spreading bulldust around.
Anyway, go Hawks, reckon you might do it this year!

I hope the celebration for the first of 5 goals is riding a horse and drinking a pint at 10pm.
It's difficult to pull off but if anyone can do it...
I’m trying to work out how he gets the 10pm part into the celebration 😂

He might need someone to help him out

given the quality of the game and the team inflicting the thrasing it's hard to imagine he watched the entire thing without indulging in at least a few (10) pints

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back