Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think Ginni has managed to totally take the pressure off the rest of the squad here.

No ones talking about the rest of the team as Ginni has taken all of the heat and the rest are just moving through their week in peace.
They've been talking about this so much there's been little to no focus on the loss of Frost.

Saw a clip on socials just before of Montagna on Triple M essentially saying if it does wind up some Port players then it probably just ends with them giving away a silly free kick to give Ginnivan a shot on goal. And he'd be pretty happy with that.

I just wish someone who's able to, e.g. the ABC person interviewing Roos in this instance, would ask a follow-up question comparing this with McGrath's multiple 5-0 Ashes predictions.

I don't recall anyone in the (Australian) media ever suggesting that McGrath's comments were either disrespectful to England or detrimental to the Australian Test squad's "team-oriented culture" or would, in any way, fire up England to perform better.

The sheer hypocrisy highlighted in the vast difference between the media's reaction to McGrath's and Ginni's equally playful trolling is mind-boggling.

Edit: There's another striking similarity between McGrath and Ginni - the both play(ed) in very good, confident teams that believed in their own abilities.

The difference is Ginnivan isn’t one of the greatest of all time in his discipline

He should publicly message a Brisbane player and say see you in 2 and a half weeks; that way he'd disrespect Port, Sydney and Geelong all at the same time.
Why stop there? See you next year Mad Monday after we B2B! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference is Ginnivan isn’t one of the greatest of all time in his discipline
I agree with that assessment but am struggling to understand its relevance in the context of the media criticism directed at Ginni.

Did being a GOAT give licence for McGrath to be "disrespectful" towards England? Or are you suggesting it's OK for a GOAT like McGrath to be "disrespectful" but not for a relative upstart like Ginni to exhibit similar behaviour which, as in McGrath's case, I regard as nothing more sinister than a display of self-confidence? Or am I missing something?

Ah, yes it could all fall back in our faces... The side who were said to be tanking, who would take 10 years to start to win, who's coach wouldn't last the rebuild, that would finish bottom 4, that cut too deep.... the same side who were... ok they are playing well but wouldn't quite get to finals, they are only good at the contest, don't have any superstars and that hadn't beaten anyone good...... the same side who ok did make the finals but wouldn't win one.. OK.. well they have already won a final all against expectations and proved everyone wrong and are 'in it up to our eyeballs'... Yep it could all fall back in our faces now.... . What pressure we are under as a club.

I agree with that assessment but am struggling to understand its relevance in the context of the media criticism directed at Ginni.

Did being a GOAT give licence for McGrath to be "disrespectful" towards England? Or are you suggesting it's OK for a GOAT like McGrath to be "disrespectful" but not for a relative upstart like Ginni to exhibit similar behaviour which, as in McGrath's case, I regard as nothing more sinister than a display of self-confidence? Or am I missing something?

McGrath looked so shabby during his first two tests, that I figured we'd never see him at the level again. He had almost a uniform triple figure strike rate that was only saved by three wickets against New Zealand in the one innings of his second test.

His career taught me that it's folly to judge the full potential of a player at the highest level of any sport until they've been around for long enough to have developed (if they're going to).

But Ginnivan is already playing at a level that allows him some degree of confidence to get in people's faces. It's not like he's getting donuts every other week. And he's still got development in him to boot.

The fact that a kid making a harmless joke on social media to a friend and former team mate is being made in to such a big news story is nothing short of embarrassing.

The fact that a kid making a harmless joke on social media to a friend and former team mate is being made in to such a big news story is nothing short of embarrassing.
I mean, I don't disagree with you but players would be constantly schooled about not saying/posting anything likely to antagonise the opposition/kick off a media shitstorm.
And let's be honest, if someone said one of our players was likely to do just that and framed a market Ginnivan would be an unbackable $1.02 favourite

He should just pass out at the Ramsgate and no one will bat an eye lid :oops:

Paul Roos has absolutely zero right to speak on behalf of Sam Mitchell because Sam Mitchell isn’t a complete shitcampaigner of a human being.

Clearly Ginni needs to take cues on being humble from Roos - just check out the understated synopsis of Roos’ book:

Paul Roos is a leader, a legend, an AFL icon. As a first-rate player, premiership-winning coach and in-demand commentator, Roos has achieved extraordinary success over more than thirty years in footy.

Honestly, there’s not a single more self-important, narcissistic piece of shit in the game than Roos. He can take his advice and shove it next to the giant stick that’s up his arse.

Just a friendly reminder that Roos has a single solitary flag to his name as a player and coach - he’s the biggest myth going round.
Roos. Taught Goodwin everything he knows. Culcha.

1726111890385.png

Fully expect Jack to be at the SCG and will post something once Kennys boys get bowed out unceremoniously

I so want him to be at the game and post a couple of photos with Grundy during the week

Fully expect Jack to be at the SCG and will post something once Kennys boys get bowed out unceremoniously

Something along the lines of "did you really call me a ****ing campaigner because I told a mate I'd be at the game to watch them from either the ground or the stands?". Obviously not really what he meant, but certainly open to interpretation :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back