Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : Jai “Duke” Newcombe - 2022 AFLCA Best Young Player, extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

“Newcombe, demanding it in the goal square … does he think he’s Jason Dunstall or something? …

HE IS!”

Inject that shit straight into my veins.
Yeah that was outstanding play and commentary.

It was even a piggy style 'hanger', rode the back and got up, took out at the highest point, but his feet were actuality only about a foot off the ground!!

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Yeah that was outstanding play and commentary.

It was even a piggy style 'hanger', rode the back and got up, took out at the highest point, but his feet were actuality only about a foot off the ground!!

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
At least 2-3 feet.

IMG_0529.jpeg
IMG_0530.jpeg
IMG_0531.jpeg

Looking Peek A Boo GIF by wtFOCK

Reminds me of when Changa lost the locks

I had the same thoughts. Hopefully not another Samson-like dip in form!

I have to say, Duke is a slightly different player this year than I thought he’d be. He’s a touch more inconsistent. I thought he’d be, maybe not the most naturally brilliant midfielder in the league, but a super-consistent, ever-reliable bull, getting his 25 touches a game. But he’s had some quiet ones, and some rippers. Then he has his quieter days but then bobs up and does something amazing when it’s needed .

We have to remember, he’s still only 22, and has a shitload of time for that consistency to come…

I have to say, Duke is a slightly different player this year than I thought he’d be. He’s a touch more inconsistent. I thought he’d be, maybe not the most naturally brilliant midfielder in the league, but a super-consistent, ever-reliable bull, getting his 25 touches a game. But he’s had some quiet ones, and some rippers. Then he has his quieter days but then bobs up and does something amazing when it’s needed .

We have to remember, he’s still only 22, and has a shitload of time for that consistency to come…
We are getting a more even level from our midfield group, rare for anyone to get high disposals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : Jai “Duke” Newcombe - 2022 AFLCA Best Young Player, extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back