Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : Jai “Duke” Newcombe - 2024 Peter Crimmins medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Newcombe should make the squad but he wont.

Top 20 for coaches votes
13th for total clearances
16th for contested possessions
8th for centre clearances
23rd for score involvements

These are all great stats, but none which place him in the top bracket which should be considered for AA. Next year I reckon he’ll make it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are all great stats, but none which place him in the top bracket which should be considered for AA. Next year I reckon he’ll make it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah he is having a very good year and tracking incredibly well, but he is not quite at the AA level yet. Fingers crossed he keeps developing and it won't be long until we see him crack the squad/team.

Newcombe should make the squad but he wont.

Top 20 for coaches votes
13th for total clearances
16th for contested possessions
8th for centre clearances
23rd for score involvements
He's done really well but with our consistent midfield 4, they are taking clearances away from Jai, reducing his score involvements etc. If he was the player we always relied upon in the middle like Trac, Bont or Danger, he'd be higher and much more in the conversation. Very happy with our development though and the load being shared around.

1991 premiers. Zero AAs

Jai Newcombe. Pure domination. 40 disposals, 12 marks, 4 tackles, 4 clearances (3 of them came in the centre of the ground), 1 goal, 499 metres gained, 10 score involvements. All that while going at a disposal efficiency of 85%. It doesn't get much better than that. As I said in the match thread, he broke through every tackle, weaved in and out of trouble a million times, and won the ball all over the ground. Easily his best game to date in his 50th. We are so very lucky to have him on our side. We will forever thank that Box Hill scout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : Jai “Duke” Newcombe - 2024 Peter Crimmins medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back