Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The one thing that still gets me is; how in the world did he get through to pick 45? From my admittedly poor memory, the only question mark on him was his kicking, of course a key component of the game, but something that is fairly easily improved and tweaked
- Falcons premiership captain, showing top leadership qualities
- U18 All Australian fairly comfortably
- Rated elite in most key areas at both TAC Cup and the U18 Champs
- Ready made senior footballer physically

Definition of a steal

The one thing that still gets me is; how in the world did he get through to pick 45? From my admittedly poor memory, the only question mark on him was his kicking, of course a key component of the game, but something that is fairly easily improved and tweaked

Definition of a steal

Maybe that thought he was already full developed at 18 and wasn’t going to improve?

Only other thing that comes to mind is the haircut he used to have!

(Very happy it’s gone).

Definition of a steal
Most of what you said there could of been said about Lovell and his time at hawthorn is sitting right on a knifes edge.

Definition of a steal
Lions had him rated 31st in the draft. We nailed him with 43.

They probably should of taken him with pick 41 then.

That video of him being drafted has someone in his family stating happily that he didn’t have to go interstate. Possibly he expressed reservations about this in draft interviews - that would definitely put the Lions off a player.

They probably should of taken him with pick 41 or 43 then.
That's only if other players on their list that they rated higher were all gone.

That video of him being drafted has someone in his family stating happily that he didn’t have to go interstate. Possibly he expressed reservations about this in draft interviews - that would definitely put the Lions off a player.
Lions had removed players who they thought were flight risks. Some highly rated players were not considered by them, for this reason.

The kid is tough, hard and skillful.

David King said his play to win the hard ball,spin and deliver to set up the Gunners goal was "the toughest play of the season"

Fair wrap for a kid in his 7th game, took on some tough hombres in Danger, Selwood and Ablett yesterday and won his fair share.

We've got a gem in the Worpedo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back