News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The good thing is that he is big and muscular but well within his frame, unlike Schoenmakers who seemed to be overly muscular for a footballer with his frame.
If we can have Patton fully fit for a few years :eek:

Far out Patton is a monster - hate to be the FB lining up on that

I'm not sure if he's genuinely that big or if he just has a tiny head, either way he looks imposing.

Have high hopes for Patton. Hoping that his injury days are behind him, and he proves to be a consistent 80+ goal forward for the rest of his career.
Consistent 80 goal forward? I'd love to be proved wrong but I cannot see that happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Popeye will benefit heaps as well
Definitely. Really the trickle down effect of having two powerful tall targets up forward helps the whole team. The "third talls" get poorer defenders or more chance of a mismatch in their favour. The small forwards get increased opportunity for crumbing. The entire forward line get to enjoy the space created in the wake of a leading KPFs. The midfielders gain confidence that even if they need to rush an entry with a kick to a pack that it's not as likely to just be intercepted cleanly and rebounded straight back out. That also gives the backline the confidence to push up the ground to lock it inside 50 and not have to constantly worry that the ball is going to rebound straight back out over the press.

It might take a while for everything to settle but when it does it could be beautiful.

I am just going to put this out there... Lewis has not had the preparation thus far that he had last year. He pretty much didn't have a break last year and put in the hard yards. His shoulder injury has meant he is no where near where he was this time last year. Notoriously young players that have had uninterrupted pre seasons tend to perform better.

Definitely. Really the trickle down effect of having two powerful tall targets up forward helps the whole team. The "third talls" get poorer defenders or more chance of a mismatch in their favour. The small forwards get increased opportunity for crumbing. The entire forward line get to enjoy the space created in the wake of a leading KPFs. The midfielders gain confidence that even if they need to rush an entry with a kick to a pack that it's not as likely to just be intercepted cleanly and rebounded straight back out. That also gives the backline the confidence to push up the ground to lock it inside 50 and not have to constantly worry that the ball is going to rebound straight back out over the press.

It might take a while for everything to settle but when it does it could be beautiful.
The tale of orgasmic proportion!😁

Post Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, the previously mobile and athletic Alistair Lynch could no longer jump.

It didn't stop him from being half of the most devastating 1-2 punch in the AFL during the Lions 3-peat premiership era.

Could Patton not jump, lose mobility, and yet be similarly effective at the Hawks, – or does the modern era of slingshot rebounding no longer allow this?

JP already has the angry streak, a similar playing style to lynch (more mobile before his last knee than Lynch was), and much better kicking skills than Lynch. The way footy is played now, if his hands are reliable, it almost seems possible.

And just for no reason other than it's awesome, and involves another high profile recruit thought to be a problem rather than an asset:

Last edited:
I am just going to put this out there... Lewis has not had the preparation thus far that he had last year. He pretty much didn't have a break last year and put in the hard yards. His shoulder injury has meant he is no where near where he was this time last year. Notoriously young players that have had uninterrupted pre seasons tend to perform better.
Delist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back