News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a court case on right now in which an 18 year old women was r*ped by an Uber driver. She didn’t report it. The police found her licence in his glove box two years after and tracked her down and it all came out then. I’m not going to get drawn into your discussion with SYL but your suggestion that if a person feels truly harassed they will report it is manifestly wrong and completely contradictory with what usually happens even where physical sexual assault has occurred. The women reporting Jon now have been attacked for it.
Im not for one second suggesting that victims of sexual assault do not sometimes take months or years to work up the courage to report it to the police.

These girls saw a dick on the ****ing internet.

If somebody flashed their dick at you on the street then they could absolutely be arrested and charged with an offence. Not sure why you think it’s any different doing it to someone over a digital channel. As pointed out already, it is an offence.
Spare me.

No one is going to jail here.
The law Strapping Young Lad referenced is currently used to stop blokes menacing and harassing their ex wives and partners 100 times a day.
'Offend' has always been a huge legal grey area and no one has been charged over it.
Screenshot_20210120-003452_Chrome.jpg

Also to further my previous point the 'revenge pr0n' laws are much clearer and although its also yet to be tested legally I would say there is no doubt they would have a case to answer.
They distributed intimate images of Patton without his consent and did so with malicious intent.
Looking at 7 years inside.
Screenshot_20210120-003634_Chrome.jpg

Spare me.

No one is going to jail here.
The law Strapping Young Lad referenced is currently used to stop blokes menacing and harassing their ex wives and partners 100 times a day.
'Offend' has always been a huge legal grey area and no one has been charged over it.
View attachment 1043156

Also to further my previous point the 'revenge pr0n' laws are much clearer and although its also yet to be tested legally I would say there is no doubt they would have a case to answer.
They distributed intimate images of Patton without his consent and did so with malicious intent.
Looking at 7 years inside.
View attachment 1043159

I didn’t suggest anyone was going to jail - however charges don’t always mean jail. It’s still an offence and your article still suggests that the law could be tested for unsolicited dick pics. Personally I’d love to see it be tested because the sheer volume of it happening to women online - if there were similar levels of flashers at train stations something would be done about it.

I find it amusing, and rather telling, that your angle here is that Patton is the real victim in all of this. I’d also love to see how your ‘It’S jUsT a DiCk’ argument would hold up if you pulled yours out while walking around doing your groceries.

On your revenge pr0n law - the legislation has one of those delightfully ambiguous terms about breaching community standards. Those standards are listed below.

‘Community standards of acceptable conduct’ includes standards of conduct having regard to the following:

• The nature and content of the image;
  • The circumstances in which the image was captured;
  • The circumstances in which the image was distributed;
  • The age, intellectual capacity, vulnerability or other relevant circumstances of a person depicted in the image; and
  • The degree to which the distribution of the image affects the privacy of a person depicted in the image.
The spirit of the law is to protect people who have given intimate images/videos to consenting partners and then had them distributed without their consent. It isn’t to protect sexual harassers from being publicly shamed - and the non-consensual nature of the original image being captured would allow any lawyer to argue against any idiot trying to defend himself on these grounds.

Something tells me that the women here aren’t at any risk of seven years in jail. You knew that though - why you think playing devil’s advocate on behalf of a serial harasser of women is a worthy use of your time, well that’s up to you to figure out I guess.

Im not for one second suggesting that victims of sexual assault do not sometimes take months or years to work up the courage to report it to the police.

These girls saw a dick on the ******* internet.
Have you considered that your view of what constitutes sexual assault isn’t aligned with community standards and the law?

I didn’t suggest anyone was going to jail - however charges don’t always mean jail. It’s still an offence and your article still suggests that the law could be tested for unsolicited dick pics. Personally I’d love to see it be tested because the sheer volume of it happening to women online - if there were similar levels of flashers at train stations something would be done about it.

I find it amusing, and rather telling, that your angle here is that Patton is the real victim in all of this. I’d also love to see how your ‘It’S jUsT a DiCk’ argument would hold up if you pulled yours out while walking around doing your groceries.

On your revenge pr0n law - the legislation has one of those delightfully ambiguous terms about breaching community standards. Those standards are listed below.

‘Community standards of acceptable conduct’ includes standards of conduct having regard to the following:

• The nature and content of the image;
  • The circumstances in which the image was captured;
  • The circumstances in which the image was distributed;
  • The age, intellectual capacity, vulnerability or other relevant circumstances of a person depicted in the image; and
  • The degree to which the distribution of the image affects the privacy of a person depicted in the image.
The spirit of the law is to protect people who have given intimate images/videos to consenting partners and then had them distributed without their consent. It isn’t to protect sexual harassers from being publicly shamed - and the non-consensual nature of the original image being captured would allow any lawyer to argue against any idiot trying to defend himself on these grounds.

Something tells me that the women here aren’t at any risk of seven years in jail. You knew that though - why you think playing devil’s advocate on behalf of a serial harasser of women is a worthy use of your time, well that’s up to you to figure out I guess.
Having been a victim myself multiple times only recently Im more than able to understand the exact level of trauma involved.
I would suggest there are plenty of others here who were also victims
When I shared my story I was dismissed rather than encouraged to go on A current affair and to the police.
Explain to me the difference please?
Screenshot_20210110-013240_Chrome.jpg

Have you considered that your view of what constitutes sexual assault isn’t aligned with community standards and the law?
See above for exactly how the community views things for anyone not a footballer.

Having been a victim myself multiple times only recently Im more than able to understand the exact level of trauma involved.
When I shared my story I was dismissed rather than encouraged to go on A current affair and to the police.
View attachment 1043219

See above for exactly how the community views things for anyone not a footballer.

Well my genuine apologies to you as well as my sincere regret that your complaints weren't treated on their merits.

Well my genuine apologies to you as well as my sincere regret that your complaints weren't treated on their merits.
I was given about the level of sympathy I deserved.

For the record I think Patton is probably a vulgar creep who deserves to be banned from Tinder/Kik/WhatsApp and permanently avoided by anyone of the opposite sex.
I just dont expect football players to be angels or consider it our business if they are not.

I was given about the level of sympathy I deserved.

For the record I think Patton is probably a vulgar creep who deserves to be banned from Tinder/Kik/WhatsApp and permanently avoided by anyone of the opposite sex.
I just dont expect football players to be angels or consider it our business if they are not.

I'm cool if he wants to kick on with Parler when it is back up and running however.

View attachment 1043219

Sorry to hear of your experience. No one should have to experience that kind of treatment and then get ignored or treated badly as a consequence 👍

View attachment 1043219

What is this pic about?

I've seen it before (maybe in here) but have no idea the context.

View attachment 1043219

If you think how much something causes you trauma is the benchmark for society... It's not

If you think women get universally praised for reporting abuse.... They don't

You experienced what many victims of assault and DV do from the cops, zero interest.

You should be wanting better instead of that to continue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1043219

Are you seriously contending that a well known meme being sent as a joke to from mate to mate is the same as a male sending numerous messages to a woman unsolicited and then sending her a dick pic?

Bloody hell.

If you think how much something causes you trauma is the benchmark for society... It's not

If you think women get universally praised for reporting abuse.... They don't

You experienced what many victims of assault and DV do from the cops, zero interest.

You should be wanting better instead of that to continue
I think you are assuming I have the same dismissive attitude towards sexual assault and domestic violence that I do towards someone being sent a dick pic.
That could not be further from the case.

As far as 'benchmark for society' goes Im afraid that you are incorrect.
The law often uses the term 'a reasonable person' as the benchmark for what is acceptable.

I cannot think of a more reasonable person than myself.

Are you seriously contending that a well known meme being sent as a joke to from mate to mate is the same as a male sending numerous messages to a woman unsolicited and then sending her a dick pic?

Bloody hell.

I (like many here) have also had images of Jons member sent to me without my consent.
Although the circumstances might be different the act of sending the pics is exactly the same.

Out of the loop, can someone give a summary of what is being alleged? I've gathered Patton has been sending some unwanted photos but there seems to be suggestions beyond that going around? Can someone bring me up to speed?

Out of the loop, can someone give a summary of what is being alleged? I've gathered Patton has been sending some unwanted photos but there seems to be suggestions beyond that going around? Can someone bring me up to speed?
It's coming to light Patton may have a less than elegant approach to talking to women- people close to him have said he sends anywhere between 20-40 messages to 20-40 different women each night to try and organise hookups. His messages are supposedly really blunt and demeaning, but his mentality is that it's a numbers game.
Recently he's been caught/called out for sending unwarranted dickpics and has allegedly video-called several women whilst having a tug (without their knowledge prior to answering).

Patton was recently admitted to hospital with mental health concerns and that's the last we've heard of anything (a few more women have come forward and released some of the stuff he's said since though).
As far as I can tell we aren't allowed to post the messages here but a quick google search/trawl of Facebook shitposting groups usually yields a few different screenshots.

So it'll be more excuses for Patton this season if he does return the club, " He missed a lot of a pre season in a mental health facility ".

That is correct but will it be fact or fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back