Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see Chol do the NFL dance. Actually Ginnivan might do it being part of the rascal pack.
I could really see that catch on.

As much as Martin deserves a good game in his celebratory match - I too hope Mabs kicks 6.

I also hope all hawthorn players are aware of the absolute maggots who thought penetrating his rectum with a finger was 'banter'.

Who does this in the first place for goodness sakes??

When Cholly kicks his first - I'd really really like our boys to get right in their faces.

Vlastuin and Short are put on notice right here - you are in for the worst footy experience of your lives.

If the players love Cholly as much as I am led to believe - they will fly the flag for him all game.

He's one of us now - lets show the Richmond football club how players are treated in a REAL club.

With respect and protection.

I don't want anyone reported, but gee I'd expect nothing less than for Vlastuin and Short to fear the worst every time there is a high ball coming to them.

Hit them fairly, but hit them hard.

Hawks by 36+ pts with Mabior to kick six.

Back to ‘one week at a time’ now

Richmond players have taken the piss over the last few years. Payback

As much as Martin deserves a good game in his celebratory match - I too hope Mabs kicks 6.

I also hope all hawthorn players are aware of the absolute maggots who thought penetrating his rectum with a finger was 'banter'.

Who does this in the first place for goodness sakes??

When Cholly kicks his first - I'd really really like our boys to get right in their faces.

Vlastuin and Short are put on notice right here - you are in for the worst footy experience of your lives.

If the players love Cholly as much as I am led to believe - they will fly the flag for him all game.

He's one of us now - lets show the Richmond football club how players are treated in a REAL club.

With respect and protection.

I don't want anyone reported, but gee I'd expect nothing less than for Vlastuin and Short to fear the worst every time there is a high ball coming to them.

Hit them fairly, but hit them hard.

Hawks by 36+ pts with Mabior to kick six.
Some of you need to calm down a bit…

Leads the entire league for tackles inside 50 at this point. Harry McKay is the only other 195cm+ player in the top 50 (at 17th).

Lots of forward lines you have to beat in the air or on the ground. Imagine with a couple years of development and familiarity, you have to manage to stop Chol, Lewis and Dear from marking the ball only for Dear and Chol to land on their feet and hunt the second ball after. It'll be a nightmare!

Leads the entire league for tackles inside 50 at this point. Harry McKay is the only other 195cm+ player in the top 50 (at 17th).

Lots of forward lines you have to beat in the air or on the ground. Imagine with a couple years of development and familiarity, you have to manage to stop Chol, Lewis and Dear from marking the ball only for Dear and Chol to land on their feet and hunt the second ball after. It'll be a nightmare!
lazy...

An amazing get. I am no longer feeling any trepidation of him terrorising our back men. Because he is wearing Brown and Gold.

It's amazing, he's the same height and plays the same role and kicks about the same amount of goals as David Hale. Could anyone imagine Hale doing the chasing and tackling Chol is putting in? or the side steps etc. Hale was great for us and Chol has a lot to do be that good a play, but the skilset he has at his height and to be so agile and quick is pretty rare. In his best year at Gold Coast he hit the scoreboard more but I don't think he contributed to Wins as much as he is now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he kicked 35-45 goals a season I'd be happy with the "Buddy-lite" comparison.
His athleticism is off the charts, but in very different ways to Buddy.
Not as nimble/agile, but his vertical leap is insane.
Just saying the field kicking. As good as Bud was around the goals he was a great field kick and often side stepped opponents.

Chol reminds me of Buddy a bit with the side step and sleek left boot when field kicking.
Idk I've seen Chol miss some very easy field kicks, plus he's a really reliable set shot. The more I think about it the less Buddy I see.

We couldn't have asked for more from Chol.

Embraced the club.
Works hard for the team.
Kicks goals.
Chases, tackles, flies for marks, rucks, works up onto wings, stands up for teammates.

Great to see him playing so consistently well.

It was poetry that he got on the biggest stage a Richmond supporter will see for another decade, and made it clear that he was the best tall forward on the park.

I'm pretty sure the Tigers are pretty happy with the flags they won.

But the butt fiddlers and the culture Hardwick and co injected into that playing group are now a far bigger problem to that team than Chol ever was.

But back to his performance again: I can't remember a team with two talls who can tackle and chase like he and Calsher do. That turnover they created running down a defender in the last was next level.

Gunston is brilliant for Dear, but so is Chol. We're going to reap the dividends of both their influence on him for a long time.

Last edited:
View attachment 2020755Top of the leaderboard now for tackles inside 50. Doing an absolute mountain of defensive work which has been a big reason for our improvement this year.
He and Calsher are both elite at inside 50 tackles .
They absolute work for the team .

Love Chol pinch hitting in the ruck too . Absolute torched Nank going the other way yesterday .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back