Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

JUH is meant to be their best and most highly paid forward. Chol matched his output for a fraction of the price.
Chol had a taller stronger opponent to deal with. Not sure who JUH had Weddle or Scrimshaw? Either of who he should be able to outreach.

It was stark how poor Naughton, JUH, English and Darcy were for massive contracts they are on. Darcy outplayed Weddle in the Ruck but when we put Nashy in as second ruck his influence stopped.

I felt that Chol looked overawed on the night given the occasion and electric atmosphere. No big deal geez he’s only human. He’s been great playing his role this year we back him support him we move on and he learns. Just keep focusing on what you’ve done all year with the pressure bringing the ball to ground and the basics Mabior 👍

It was interesting that early in the season many (me) were saying Chol is a great option for second KPF and seemed to do well with Lewis in the side and was then exposed a bit when Lewis was injured and he had to be the main man.

Then when Dear came into the side Chol take the focus for the big forward entries and Dear benefits enormously as being the second fiddle.

Chol was fumbly and couldn't take his opportunities offensively on Friday - definitely far from his best game, but played a really important role for us.

interesting, I was on the other side of the ground, MCC members, andI actually thought that was an encouraging cheer, not a bronx cheer. Still, he was ok last night, incredibly blustery conditions.
watching the replay, I was rather perplexed the commentators didn't realise the Dogs were kicking with a 4 goal breeze in the first quarter, it is rare, but if you get a WNW wind at precisely the right angle, it blows straight to the city goals at ground level. (almost complete opposite direction) Changed at half time, and in the second half, it was swirly with no set advantage.

I have absolute faith in this man to kick a bag this week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah he’ll be fine. He had a downer yesterday but he still presented and pressed hard. Cards just didn’t fall his way.
My only slight knock on him is that he doesn’t bring the ball to ground as much as he could. He tries to mark everything, sometimes you’re better off halving the contest and bringing the ball to ground.
He’s been brilliant for us all year so I have faith in the guy. Plus the lobster is a pretty good player when he’s playing well.

Job 1 was bring the ball to ground. I know lobb took some marks but chol still brought a lot of balls to ground. And there were some plays where he shook off opponents with that hip swivle thing he does and opened up the play. And his effort never waned. A lot to build on for next week.
That hip swivel is something isn’t it. Geez imagine him on the dance floor.

I have absolute faith in this man to kick a bag this week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely spot on. He has been huge for us all year. Had a downer for whatever reason/s on the night, it's history now. Much rather he have his off game in an EF than in a few weeks at the GF. Go after the Normie Mr. Chol

Yeah he’ll be fine. He had a downer yesterday but he still presented and pressed hard. Cards just didn’t fall his way.
My only slight knock on him is that he doesn’t bring the ball to ground as much as he could. He tries to mark everything, sometimes you’re better off halving the contest and bringing the ball to ground.
He’s been brilliant for us all year so I have faith in the guy. Plus the lobster is a pretty good player when he’s playing well.

Yes if it’s not working for him he could be giving his army of smalls silver service

I took the cheer as ‘encouraging’ not sarcastic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got banged up on that marking attempt which made him second guess going Guns blazing for the next couple, heard the Bronx cheer if that was hawk supporters sit down ya pretentious pricks, he'll be right loves the rAdelaide, it's Chol train territory.
He then leap frogged the Wizard in goal celebrations, so he couldn’t have been that banged up.

Job 1 was bring the ball to ground. I know lobb took some marks but chol still brought a lot of balls to ground. And there were some plays where he shook off opponents with that hip swivle thing he does and opened up the play. And his effort never waned. A lot to build on for next week.
Yep it would be great to know how many goals we ended up getting from the balls he was apart of bringing to ground. I think he was just frustrated that he had a TOB type game where it felt like every mark he went for just wouldn't stick. To top things off one of the marks that should've been paid the umpire called play on and it was just that kind of night for Mabs but the important thing is that he just kept on going again and again.

Hodgey quite critical of Chol today.
Said he needed to bring way more intensity to the game against the Doggies.
Intensity isn't what he was lacking, just stickier fingers.

Hodgey quite critical of Chol today.
Said he needed to bring way more intensity to the game against the Doggies.

I agree looked like he was standing out the way a few times and letting others around him do it, yes he did jump at packs but that's it, if Dear didn't stand up we wouldn't have a key forward presence.

The ginni pass to Watson that he got excited once Watson marked it, Chol stood out the way and let Gini pick the ball up and come through, another was in the forward line up the other end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back