Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot was made of our recruiting over the off season, plenty of media attention on Watson, Chol and Ginni when talking about the new faces.
Mass was often a footnote in these discussions and yet, he's been the most consistent of the lot and you know he's gonna use the ball well.

Kudos to the recruitment team, they were keen at the MSD he was selected by the Dons and they never stopped trying to bring in a talent they identified. Also huge credit to Massimo, he's worked hard and endured some soul crushing moments (playing for the scum) and he's now one of the premier wingman in the comp.

Elite ball use
Hard at the contest
Ability to get out of tight spots

Having a fantastic year and would not look out of place in the 3 peat side.

Glad he’s started to add goals to his game too.

Me when dodo got rid of this guy but kept Nick Hind
dodoro GIF by AFL

Also just an absolute lol at this post, bloke has absolutely zero idea

1000005974.png

Last edited:

Me when dodo got rid of this guy but kept Nick Hind
dodoro GIF by AFL

Also just an absolute lol at this post, bloke has absolutely zero idea

View attachment 2054121

I thought that must have been posted after the R1 game... Not after yesterday's game.

Unbelievable. Old mate is having a laugh there.

Remember all those Essendon supporters that were like ‘it’s not like we are missing him, look where we are in the ladder?’ And now they are on the cusp of potentially missing finals again? These are good times.

Also, Mass does really good football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thread on him on the essendon board is still a good read, alot of supporters still calling him soft and a defensive liability without obviously watching any of our games.
Even now, very few of their supporters see what this lad could be. While they appreciate his devastating left peg, they don't really understand what it offers, or how important it could be. Defensive skills are not hard to teach if you have a structure, a left leg like Massimo's you can't. Perhaps EFC don't value disposal skills as much as Sam. As I read the last couple of pages of their thread, the song 'Skater Boy' started in my head. Perhaps one of the best 'ya boo sucks to you' songs of all time.

How do they manage to win every off season but lose every actual season?
Bathwater. Drink too much of your own and you turn out like EFC.
I have too add, in this terrible world on uncertainty we live in, having the certainty of the Dons falling in a heap in the last half of the season is reassuring and beautiful.

Oh trust me I have a bunch of Essendon supporters I know that are extremely delusional.
I know a bunch who are constantly depressed.

My best mate barracks for the Dons and just messaged: "Barracking for the Dons is like arguing with an idiot. It's fun for a while but just leaves you disappointed"

He's gutted that they lost Mass. And let's be clear - they screwed up so badly they could have lost him for nothing. But yay Dodoro.

Btw, in Indonesian, Dodol is a sweet made from sticky rice and coconut milk. It's also used as a slang insult for people who are dense and utterly slow / stupid.

Adrian Dodol strikes again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back