Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

sad workaholics GIF

Positive is he’s still only 25 and as Charlie Curnow and Jessie Hogan have shown key forwards can make successful comebacks from serious injuries in their late 20s.

Have to make sure he is 100% cherry ripe before he plays again though, I don’t want to see him come in underdone as he was start of the year.

Heartbreakingly unfair for him but all he can do now from a footy career perspective is get the surgery and get to work on the rehab process. Not going to be easy but I'll back him to get back for finals next year.

Worst bit of news to start the week, feel for Mitch... Such an important part of our plans but has never had a decent run at it

Thats f'd. I guess its opportunity for Calsher, Ramsden and Scaife. And maybe a good enough reason to keep gunston around another year.

Can someone confirm its the same knee with the sprain/ partial ACL tear?

Rotten luck with injuries. Could have been anything with a good run. A bit of Tim Boyle about the situation.

As sad as it is to say Hawks now have to plan for him to be a bonus when planning for the now and future.

Wish him all the best with his rehab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is devastating. With all the work he's put in, he should be competing for Colemans and getting a fat payday locked in. But it all keeps getting pushed back by cruel bad luck.

Maybe he could do a similar tactical apprenticeship in the coaches box like Sic did so he's ready to inherit the forwardline when he returns?

Sucks but hopefully after this the band aid is off fully and he can get over the partial tear stuff.

Strange choice of words in this article.

No mention of a rupture.
No mention of a reconstruction.
No mention of a year out of the game.

Just 'injured ACL', 'remainder of the season' and 'rehab process'.

What is the actual extent of the injury?
If it's a full rupture and reconstruction why have they gone to obvious lengths to avoid mentioning it?

FMA. This guy can’t stay on the park. Who does his ACL like that??? Just to be clear is this a full tear (ie a year on the sidelines) or is it a lesser version?

Positive is he’s still only 25 and as Charlie Curnow and Jessie Hogan have shown key forwards can make successful comebacks from serious injuries in their late 20s.

Have to make sure he is 100% cherry ripe before he plays again though, I don’t want to see him come in underdone as he was start of the year.
Agreed Mitch is young enough to make a successful comeback and still achieve a lot.

Need to make sure he is 100% before he plays again. Give him until 2026 if there is slightest of concerns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back