Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Ned Reeves. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Reeves haters once again quiet.

43 hitouts, 10 disposals, 7 tackles, 4 score involvements and 3 marks
Makes a huge difference to our midfield. Had a better game around the ground too today.

Just baffles me how some thought he should be dropped this year. He just needs more and more games. Gets better every year and so important to our mids.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Now that he's built his tank, gotten past the shoulder issues and has had some continuity he's looking like what a lot of us were expecting him to look like.
Bright future!

Be a great test next week against Big Max who has in the past has absolutely made us his own personal bunny.

What I have noticed with Reeves which is interesting is that he still isn't putting out massive possession numbers around the ground but then generally neither is his direct opponent.

Classic case is in his two games against the Doggies English has only had disposal counts of 10 and 11 (he is averaging close to 20 across the season).

Probably a case of having to ruck against such a big unit in Reeves causes the oppo ruckman to become more physically tired than normal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played on one of the best ruckmen in the game for both ruck work and around the ground work. Beat him in the hitouts and held his own around the ground.

It amazes me how quickly people wanted a 211cm bloke to be delisted after 17 games. He's now played 37 and showed so much improvement from game to game.
He also beat AA Tim twice this season.

looking forward to see how he handles the jumping unicorn from Freo next week

Ned has had a very strong year all things considered and in the second half of the season he has established himself as the clear 1 ruck at Hawthorn in doing so

He also beat AA Tim twice this season.

looking forward to see how he handles the jumping unicorn from Freo next week

Ned has had a very strong year all things considered and in the second half of the season he has established himself as the clear 1 ruck at Hawthorn in doing so
Didn't even just beat him but I felt he dominated him in both of those games. Love his work.

Had a great game around the ground today and his centre bounce stuff was good as usual.

You could see late in the game he got a lesson in workrate from Gawny, but he’s a seasoned ruck and probably the best ruck I’ve seen since 2000 (imo) at the top of his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back