Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 18, Josh Weddle

Remove this Banner Ad

can play anywhere but hopefully destined to play midfield
Imagine if Weds does develop the way we think he will, and does move into the midfield. That midfield will go from formidable to unstoppable: Day, Duke, Worps, Nash, Weddle, the mind fairly boggles....

Might be just me but I don't really care if Weddle becomes a midfielder or not.

What Wedds is showing in the position he plays is promising enough. Having a genuine utility who can shut down an opponent in defence, tear down the wing with a few bounces in attack and bob up for a 50m goal on the HFF is exciting and a much bigger point of difference than having him just in the middle.

If he can do some rotations through there all the better, but at this stage he could be the best tall utility in the league and that's something much harder to find than a midfielder.

Might be just me but I don't really care if Weddle becomes a midfielder or not.

What Wedds is showing in the position he plays is promising enough. Having a genuine utility who can shut down an opponent in defence, tear down the wing with a few bounces in attack and bob up for a 50m goal on the HFF is exciting and a much bigger point of difference than having him just in the middle.

If he can do some rotations through there all the better, but at this stage he could be the best tall utility in the league and that's something much harder to find than a midfielder.
I genuinely think we're better served with him staying in his current role.
Our midfield is log-jammed up the wazzoo and he provides so much flexibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back