Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is his AFL schedule for 2016, stolen from the confidential files of A. Clarkson:
  • Game 1 - 1 goal
  • Game 2 - 2 goals
  • Game 3 - 4 goals
  • Qual Final - 8 goals
  • Prelim Final - 16 goals
  • Grand Final - 32 goals
It's great to see they're easing his way into it. :thumbsu: Go Burts!!

Ryan Burton was once bitten by a deadly king cobra... after three days of excruciating pain, the snake died.

When Ryan Burton jumps into a pool, he doesn't get wet. The water gets Ryan Burton'd.

When Ryan Burton jumps into a pool, he doesn't get wet. The water gets Ryan Burton'd.

4bbf99aa6ccfe43de284ec4f46a00861.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is his AFL schedule for 2016, stolen from the confidential files of A. Clarkson:
  • Game 1 - 1 goal
  • Game 2 - 2 goals
  • Game 3 - 4 goals
  • Qual Final - 8 goals
  • Prelim Final - 16 goals
  • Grand Final - 32 goals
It's great to see they're easing his way into it. :thumbsu: Go Burts!!
Pretty sure they'd be working through the fibonacci numbers, given his almost perfect facial features and physique.
  • Game 1 - 1 goal
  • Game 2 - 1 goal
  • Game 3 - 2 goals
  • Qual Final - 3 goals
  • Prelim Final - 5 goals
  • Grand Final - 8 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brett Anderson was on SEN yesterday and confirmed that he was top 5 in the draft on talent. Stated that a number of clubs felt the medical report would prevent them from taking him.

Brett Anderson was on SEN yesterday and confirmed that he was top 5 in the draft on talent. Stated that a number of clubs felt the medical report would prevent them from taking him.
"We were surprised he slipped so far in the draft."
Of course...

Billed as a potential first pick in 2014, Ryan Burton has slid down the ranks after missing 14 months with an awfully broken leg. But a promising return to running at the recent draft combine has many talking about him as a high-end selection again. At 191cm, Burton is an athletic key position forward who moves well on the lead and has a good set shot. He played senior footy in the SANFL last year.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/news/fo...d/news-story/73f225a1f8475de340af8829715f904e

A little way to go in his role as a leading forward it seems.

Sicily much more advanced obviously as he seems to be able to influence the game at important times unlike Burton just yet.

Looks to have an excellent footy IQ in the mould of Burgoyne. Did a few things that only a special few seem to be aware enough to do.

Really liked what I saw in the last quarter once thrown around/behind the ball.

May lose his spot due to the loss but looked liked he'd learnt a little bit from his debut.

Showing some excellent potential for a second gamer but his time may not be just yet.

Love to see him again next week though!

I think you play him against Collingwood. Sicily is not going to get any better with the extra game, but it is important getting game time into Burton early on.

Disagree completely. If Sicily doesn't play, that's 1 senior game in 4 weeks (missed last week, and a bye between round 23 and finals). Same reason TOB, or Schoey, or Spangher (or even Fitz, if Ceglar is injured) could be really important inclusions next week, because all of them need as much time to build into finals as possible. Perhaps Burton keeps his spot, but i'd probably suggest he loses it to one of those 4, simply because we can't afford to be outmarked and not bring the ball to ground like tonight

Clearly shouldn't have been selected with Silicy a late in.

Great prospect, not ready yet for a finals campaign.

While he was ineffective up forward, that was largely due to the terrible forward entries which allowed McGovern to have a field day. The large majority of our goals came from nothing and in my view Sicily's goals masked his lack of of cool head, intent to chase and second efforts. In Burton, I saw a calmness amongst traffic, clean disposal and willingness to take the opponent on (especially in the back half). I think we should persevere.

Two points for me out of yesterday 1. Showed for the first time in drown and gold he has a leap .
2. Need to extend his arms on the lead and stop trying to pull everything in to his chest on the lead .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back