Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Burton is a promising young player. Whomever decided he could be trait bait, it's just unfair.
Ryan had previous serious injuries to overcome and has done all that has been asked of him.
Wingard would be nice but not at an uber premium as Port want.
Leave it to next year and Chad could be out the door as a FA.
Reports over the past week indicate Chad wants out.
So give him a 1st rounder and another lesser player or no deal.
Port wont get what they dream of and Chad has been a flash player since his last good season was 2015.

The current deal of 650k per season won't come close when free agency arrives, we will also have shit kicking swooping vultures around offering 1mill if they don't have to give up assets.
In free agency it wouldn't matter what other clubs are offering him. If he wants to come to us then it will be us.

We might have to offer a deal with greater money over less years but Port would be unlikely to match. Particularly if they've just had a taste of 2019 where Wingard is completely disenfranchised with them. They're not going to match and risk that he then stays for big money under those conditions.

Or that he then walks into the PSD with the big money asking price and they get nothing. I know the PSD move doesn't happen often, and that's because players generally aren't as pissed at their original club as Wingard is, and clubs aren't silly enough to let it get that far.

In free agency it wouldn't matter what other clubs are offering him. If he wants to come to us then it will be us.

We might have to offer a deal with greater money over less years but Port would be unlikely to match. Particularly if they've just had a taste of 2019 where Wingard is completely disenfranchised with them. They're not going to match and risk that he then stays for big money under those conditions.

Or that he then walks into the PSD with the big money asking price and they get nothing. I know the PSD move doesn't happen often, and that's because players generally aren't as pissed at their original club as Wingard is, and clubs aren't silly enough to let it get that far.

A lot can change over a 12 month period, I'd prefer to get Wingard done and focus on making a play for Coniglio in next years free agency period.

A lot can change over a 12 month period, I'd prefer to get Wingard done and focus on making a play for Coniglio in next years free agency period.
Of course, we all want that. But not at the expense of giving away a great up-and-comer like Burton and future picks on top. We currently hold more power than Port (pun intended) in the negotiation. Like I said, we have less to lose. We just need to play the odds. Maybe it doesn't come off in this instance, but that's the beauty of playing the odds - You'll win more than you lose.

If we get Scully we don’t need to go out and get Chad. He’s a bonus. They aren’t getting more than 2 firsts and a depth player

2 firsts?

Am I the only one who thinks that's a bit too much?
Maybe seems too much now Eldorado, but come the last Saturday in September next year when his got 2 medals hanging around his neck we will be glad we did it

2 firsts?

Am I the only one who thinks that's a bit too much?
If he had been in peak form this year and didn't have a terrible relationship with Port Adelaide then 2 first rounders would be a fair price.

If he had been in peak form this year and didn't have a terrible relationship with Port Adelaide then 2 first rounders would be a fair price.
Exactly

But that's sooooo 2016...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can’t just give two firsts.
GC want our future third so we can’t trade another future pick.
If GC can take Lovell/TOB for straight swap for scrimshaw, then we can trade two firsts.

If GC can take Lovell/TOB for straight swap for scrimshaw, then we can trade two firsts.

If Burton goes, i want something back from Port...

It is reported the Dons are giving pick 9 and a 2nd for Shiel.

I'd rather make sure we get the deal done for Wingard over what happens with Scrimshaw.
Err.. well , that’s difficult though. Port want a future pick but so do GC , I thought I already explain this. Plus , gws are looking at our future second as well, so GW has to roll up the sleeves.

My understanding was you need to have one pick in the first two rounds in next years draft. All others are tradeable.

Is that right?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My understanding was you need to have one pick in the first two rounds in next years draft. All others are tradeable.

Is that right?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Not sure but hope you’re right and even then we have a problem.
Both gws and port are seeking our future picks in the first two rounds to get it done. We gonna take a while to get through some red tape it seems.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-06/future-trading-given-goahead-but-with-restrictions

- Clubs can trade one year in the future only.

- Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.

- If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.

They’ll take 2 firsts and they’ll take it before Wednesday. They need time to do other deals.

Don’t fret guys.

Yep we will pay overs with Chad 2 1sts, and unders with Scully and Scrimshaw-swings and roundabouts.

And Burton plays forward as we go ultra mobile up forward.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back