Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did some very nice things today. His finish for his goal was classy. Unlucky not to snag at least another one with two toughish kicks. Chased and tackled well and also got into good positions.

Solid debut, hopefully he can build on this game for this year going into next year

At the game I noticed that they didn't kick it to him when he was on a few times, kept kicking it it Ceglar who was out numbered 2 on 1, oh well
Very good debut, excited with how well he moves
Burton doesn't know the game plan. Soon enough he will know not to lead :)

awesome game for a player who has played just played he's 5th game in two years.looked like he struggled with the pace a little but showed enough to show he could be a real superstar in the future and easily done enough to hold his place at the moment in the team.i'm genuinely excited haven't felt this excited since a young Lance Franklin first ran onto the field. I still can't believe we snaged him with the 19th pick in the draft an absolute bargain easily a top 5 tallent from what we seen today some clubs will be spewing they didn't take the chance.

again just so excited what he showed we have a real star again on our hands it's so hard to get them when you finish on top of the ladder all the time and all the best draft picks are going to GWS and Gold Coast.Real bargain and well drafted by our recruiting team

Viewing Burton's guernsey presentation he came across as being reserved and almost shy which was surprising.
After he kicked his first goal he let rip with emotion and after what he's been through it was great stuff.

Yeah, in all the media interviews I have seen this year with players they have mentioned a lot how confident both Siss and Burton area. I think given that, they have both been advised to be sensible when on film.

I was surprised when Siss was nominated for the RS his comment was, "yeah, I'll take it", rather than "it's an honour to be nominated with so many outstanding young players and without my team mates this would not be possible" blah blah...

Certainly Burto delivered lots of wooooos when he kicked that goal.

I hope he stays at Hawthorn because he has star written all over him !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he played a really solid debut game. Unfortunate not to finish with 3 goals but got to be happy with his contribution.

I agree with the observation that he was seemingly intentionally over looked as an option a few times. Not sure why though because his hands were great and his disposal was generally quite good.

Should keep his spot over TOB.

Yeah, in all the media interviews I have seen this year with players they have mentioned a lot how confident both Siss and Burton area. I think given that, they have both been advised to be sensible when on film.

I was surprised when Siss was nominated for the RS his comment was, "yeah, I'll take it", rather than "it's an honour to be nominated with so many outstanding young players and without my team mates this would not be possible" blah blah...

Certainly Burto delivered lots of wooooos when he kicked that goal.

I hope he stays at Hawthorn because he has star written all over him !!!
I'm sure he'll stay after every other club discarded him, thats gotta work in our favour and not many really good players leave us.
And I'm with you and most others, he will be a star and a likely Hawk great, bring on next week.

Looked like an old fashion forward to me. Constantly working hard, creating space and lesding. Was rarely rewarded for his work and I think this is partly due to the fact that we as a side aren't used to have a player constantly providing a lead up option.

His set shots are almost there, can't really fault his action other than maybe a slightly higher than required ball drop but I liked what I saw.

Looks a lot like Smith out on the field with the same boots and a similar stature.

It's like we found ourselves picking up the number 1 draft pick after being triple premiers. If Burton can get up to being the best he can be, leaving his injury far behind him, then that's exactly what I reckon we've just done.

It's like we found ourselves picking up the number 1 draft pick after being triple premiers. If Burton can get up to being the best he can be, leaving his injury far behind him, then that's exactly what I reckon we've just done.
We're the #1 club in the league for developing forwards by some margin so that wouldn't be unusual. :)

Thought he played a really solid debut game. Unfortunate not to finish with 3 goals but got to be happy with his contribution.

I agree with the observation that he was seemingly intentionally over looked as an option a few times. Not sure why though because his hands were great and his disposal was generally quite good.

Should keep his spot over TOB.

Given our strength is our small forwards, it would not be unreasonable for the coaches to say, kick to Cegs, let him bring it to ground and let the Rioli / Breust / Poppy show take over...

Given our strength is our small forwards, it would not be unreasonable for the coaches to say, kick to Cegs, let him bring it to ground and let the Rioli / Breust / Poppy show take over...
Yes but sometimes kicking to space or to the lead or at the very least to the advantage of the ruck who is meant to bring it to ground

Really solid debut. Lot to work with there and can tell he is a footballer.

I guess Silicy comes in for him but only just on experience at this stage.

I really want to see Sicily come back again but after today's performance I don't think anyone will be dropped unless we have an injury or suspension this might be the team we go into the finals with.I can't believe how good we are recruiting forwards when so many other teams just can't seem to snag one the Western Bulldogs had to pay $1 million for a player that played one season Sydney had to pay 10 years and 10 million for Franklin Fremantle have been dying for a Forward for years and can't get 1.and we just went and got Burton what the a steal and the rest of the competition will be spewing for years to come.I love the Hawks recruiting team and our coaches we do such a good job in developing Players and it really makes us the envy of the rest of the competition and also a shout out to our medical staff for getting a player like Burton up to standard in only one preseason makes me think getting O'meara might not be the risk I thought it might be it might encourage O'Meara to come to Hawthorn after seeing what we have done with Burton this year. sorry for all the posts I'm just really excited at the moment I love Hawthorn it's supporters and players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back