Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 score assists in that time too. By God I'm getting excited for this kid.
Wasn't it score involvements? I believe the difference might be assists are the immediate possession before a scoring one, while involvements are simply being part of the possession chain that leads to a score. 7 scoring involvements from 10 touches is very good regardless though.

Is it just me , at the ground he looked and moved exactly like Isaac Smith, just a fraction bigger. gliding loping style. Couldn't tell the two apart for a lot of the game
Must have been the orange boots.

Offers more than TOB we learnt that.
It's one game and he played half a game and played as more of a flanker.
He's also when you get down to it a top 5 draft pick talent which TOB wasn't so he has different tools. Still a place for both on our list, I expect Burton to end up the better player but that doesn't mean he's actually ahead of tob based on one game just yet.

Burton needs to play this week to keep our options open for finals.

If he can cope playing in a volatile Weagles environment, then he'll be in the right headspace for finals.

This:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:..........Hopefully the Lad gets another crack and the perfect environment will be Friday night.

The next question, who did we drop for Sis, presuming he comes straight back in.............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he's knee pulled up okay

hey mate, not to look down on your english grammar but one of my pet peeves is the incorrect use of his vs he's

He's is the short form of 'he is' or 'he has'. For example: "Get very excited - he's a very very good footy player."
His is used to show something belonging to or connected with a man, boy or male animal that has just been mentioned. eg His knee will be ok!

Anyways, love your enthusiasm on Burton...I noticed you're a bit excited for the young lad - are you related/girlfriend/come from the same suburb/etc?

Watching the replay, he did lots of leading that was ignored, but timed those leads to perfection. Hope he stays in the lineup for this week tbh.

Probably part of the game plan.

Draw his defender out and the ball carrier kicks to the double teamed resting ruck who is weak overhead, and wait for the spillage so the triumvirate can pounce.

Last edited:
Probably part of the game plan.

Draw his defender out and the ball carrier kicks to the double teamed resting ruck who is weak overhead, and wait for the spillage so the triumvirate to pounce.
Yeah, it's the kind of thing that makes me fear another 0-11 run vs geelong...

hey mate, not to look down on your english grammar but one of my pet peeves is the incorrect use of his vs he's

He's is the short form of 'he is' or 'he has'. For example: "Get very excited - he's a very very good footy player."
His is used to show something belonging to or connected with a man, boy or male animal that has just been mentioned. eg His knee will be ok!

Anyways, love your enthusiasm on Burton...I noticed you're a bit excited for the young lad - are you related/girlfriend/come from the same suburb/etc?
i'm very sorry for my spelling But i just talk into my phone and it spells it for me I never knew it was so important as long as my point was across that's what I thought this site was about just getting your point across if it spells he's instead of his I really don't care. No I don't know Ryan personally but I am a Hawthorn supporter and member and love to see the new young talent coming through The same as anyone on this site I don't see the point of criticising people for small things like spelling mistakes.I do hope to see Ryan playing for the next 10 years in brown and gold and kicking arse because I personally think he is one of the biggest draft steals in recent memory.

i'm very sorry for my spelling But i just talk into my phone and it spells it for me I never knew it was so important as long as my point was across that's what I thought this site was about just getting your point across if it spells he's instead of his I really don't care. No I don't know Ryan personally but I am a Hawthorn supporter and member and love to see the new young talent coming through The same as anyone on this site I don't see the point of criticising people for small things like spelling mistakes.I do hope to see Ryan playing for the next 10 years in brown and gold and kicking arse because I personally think he is one of the biggest draft steals in recent memory.
I need to get me one of these phones........

My finger hurts from typing :p

I know what you mean & that is the important thing. Linguistically it does not not matter how you spell, as long as people understand. Language evolves daily ... ignore the pet ants, or pedants ...:thumbsu:

It is reely grate he's phone is so clever his probably got a funny axcent that make it spell funny.

Pisses me off too. It makes it more difficult than it needs to be to follow what folk are trying to say. I have taken to just ignoring the whole post tbh.

Liked what I saw, but Sicily comes straight back in for him.

Not sure.

Very different players.

Burton is a more of a bull in the contest for mine and create an opportunity in traffic, break a tackle, make a tackle stick. Siss a far better lead up player and more likely to provide us with a marking option on the wing as we try to get the ball out of a web.

Depends on what we want.

I'd give Burto one more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back