Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Will McCabe!

Remove this Banner Ad

McCabe is going to be worth the wait.

High marking, good rebound and skill.
Excellent athlete and mobility.

No rush.
ss15 GIF

Been a long wait since he told us he was close to making his debut SYL.
Trained on Friday last week with the main squad and didn't look out of place. So much upside to his game.
Would be awesome if he can string together a block of consistent games and get a taste in the seniors towards the end of the year.

Been a long wait since he told us he was close to making his debut SYL.
Trained on Friday last week with the main squad and didn't look out of place. So much upside to his game.
Heard he did a couple of eye catching things on the track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be awesome if he can string together a block of consistent games and get a taste in the seniors towards the end of the year.

I

First part massive yes, second parts not going to happen this year off his limited preparation amongst many other things.

Too injury prone, hasn’t been able to get on the field since he got to the club. Extremely worried. Hasn’t won a one-on-one all year. Disposal efficiency 0%.

Looking forward to this kid, I have a very good feeling we’ll look back on this draft with much happiness and be accused of rorting the system somehow.

TheFourPillars I haven't seen much of young Will due to injuries in his draft year + being unable to attend training.

I know he's skinny now but would he be able to play full back with some additional strength like Darcy Moore? Or is he more the modern CHB?

TheFourPillars I haven't seen much of young Will due to injuries in his draft year + being unable to attend training.

I know he's skinny now but would he be able to play full back with some additional strength like Darcy Moore? Or is he more the modern CHB?
His ability to intercept mark and his speed and agility make him a CHB. If he gets a clean run I can just see this board going nuts wanting him in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back