Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jack Lukosius

Remove this Banner Ad

The two things that will drive his price down is that Dimma is not a fan and the cap space, along with GWS, is invaluable to them.

I hope he enjoys being at home and more relaxed with family and friends and fulfils his potential.

I'd love to see him hit the weight room a bit.

The club won't allow that to happen. Unless things drastically change. It was been made clear to Tredrea he is a Board member only. Even some simple tips he has wanted to give players around leading patterns was shot down in flames. Chad Cornes is the Forward coach and he will be the one who does the coaching.

I would have thought when you have your only AFL Premiership Captain and Multiple All-Australian key forward wanting to pass on some wisdom this would be welcomed with open arms, but I guess those at Alberton have other ideas.
Additionally, imagine if we also had an internationally-renowned coach of multiple tennis champions who rather than letting him utilise his strengths and work with the coaches, was instead shunned by small-minded, paranoid people and marginalised to a point where he felt like he had nothing to offer and walked away.

Imagine.

Last edited:

The club won't allow that to happen. Unless things drastically change. It was been made clear to Tredrea he is a Board member only. Even some simple tips he has wanted to give players around leading patterns was shot down in flames. Chad Cornes is the Forward coach and he will be the one who does the coaching.

I would have thought when you have your only AFL Premiership Captain and Multiple All-Australian key forward wanting to pass on some wisdom this would be welcomed with open arms, but I guess those at Alberton have other ideas.
Terrible.

Additionally, imagine if we also had an internationally-renowned coach of multiple tennis champions who rather than letting him utilise him strengths and work with the coaches, was instead shunned by small-minded, paranoid people and marginalised to a point where he felt like he had nothing to offer and walked away.

Imagine.
Terrible. I'm sure there is an emoji for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick himself declared that '80% of the club's next premiership team' was already on the list ...

c456e1108162eace7c9f255b935b4ff1

... not you

Will be interesting to see how we line up KPF-wise next year. I'm assuming no Dixon or Marshall.

Luko and Georgie are both clear best 22. Finlayson is a better player than Ratugolea but is probably just a poor man's version of Luko, whereas Ratugolea offers a bit of a point of difference and could potentially have a bit more impact when not in a forward line clogged up with Dixon trying to play the same role that Rat is playing.

With any luck Lord or Scully comes on and makes it a moot point.
Scully out of contract, not sure they would extend if we get Lukosius. I guess it depends on how they see the odds of Marshall becoming unavailable.

Lord I think signed at least until 2025.

No-one else overpays Gold Coast. Why should we?
We did for Dixon. They know the AFL cough VFL cough are happy for them to be a cheap development pipeline for the Vic clubs, but they (AFL) are happy for them to screw us over. I'm just waiting for the mental gymnastics from commentators that we have to accept a shit price for Houston as he wants out, whilst having to pay up for Lukosius as he's contracted. It'll be wild.

how did this go from nominating us to 6 year deal in 5 hours, isn't there a giant middle bit involving what picks it takes to get him that we missed

We did for Dixon. They know the AFL cough VFL cough are happy for them to be a cheap development pipeline for the Vic clubs, but they (AFL) are happy for them to screw us over. I'm just waiting for the mental gymnastics from commentators that we have to accept a shit price for Houston as he wants out, whilst having to pay up for Lukosius as he's contracted. It'll be wild.
Apparently Rioli to GC for #6 is a fait accompli, but Carlton are getting squeamish about #11 for Houston.

Same age, same income. One is coming off back to back AA, the other plays for the Tiges.

Crowey sounds a bit deflated . Wants to know why Lukosius has suddenly chosen Port and what has being on behind the scenes when Crows were offering him more.
It was obvious Lukosius had chosen Port a few weeks ago but he couldn't announce it while we were still in the finals. That seemed obvious to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jack Lukosius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back