News Welcome to the Bulldogs Josh Schache

Will Josh Schache play R1?

• Yes

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 44 51.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy we added to our woeful KPF stocks. But it's hard to imagine us being able to get the best out of Schache considering our rate of developing key forwards is non existent since Chris Grant. His defensive work rate needs A lot of work.
Couldn't be any worse than Stringer's defensive efforts.

As I said earlier in the week, our forward line was limited by Stringer being a complete non-entity in the air, but only offering KPF levels of pressure.

At a minimum, Schache will make our bombs into the F50 more dangerous, keep a key defender accountable, and give us another much needed out down the line.

If Schache and Boyd can become 75% of what they were projected to be as juniors we've go two key planks to our forward line for the next 6-8 years.

Now we just need to draft a couple of lightning fast greyhounds with a nose for goal to play around them.

Recent premiers with young pick #1 and pick#2 key forwards on the list.

It looks so great on paper.

Go back to the mcartney days and someone tells you that - you would check to see what local institutions were missing patients
Stef
Don't forget superstar and soon to be all time great of the club pick 4 and consistent soon to be elite pick 6 .

Fantastic deal to get pick two from two years ago for a couple of picks that we wouldn't have used, great move. The character assassinations on this board have been way over the top to the point of being a bit unsavoury, hopefully a few will be regretting their words soon enough.

You may not be a fan of Adam Treloar or agree with everything that he says in this article, but it's a pretty timely one to have a look at: http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/i-feel-for-guys-like-jake-lever/

Love Schache, is a little old place where we can get together...

The love shack is a little old place where we can get together
Love Shack, baby (a-Love Shack, baby)
Love Shack, baby, Love Shack
Love Shack, (Love, baby, that's where it's at) baby, Love Shack

Have you been smoking Schache tobacci?

Anyone know what contract he gets from us? Or is that still to be decided?
He signed a two year deal with Brisbane this year, I assume we honour that (I think it's $300kish pa?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome aboard young fella. Hope he turns out to be a great KPF for us. Nice to remove the cancer that was Jake Stringer, hopefully he stinks it up at Essendon.

It is amazing how this last second trade really salvaged trade week for us. To go to the draft with 9 and 16 and bring in Schache, Trengove and Crozier is a great result.

I do feel bad for Brisbane too. Lord knows we can relate to how they are probably feeling. Like others have said hopefully pick 1 turns out to be a beauty for them. They deserve it.

Absolutely devastated to see him go. I hope he gets all his off field stuff sorted and starts playing some consistent senior footy, 'cause he showed so much potential when we signed him on initially. All the best guys.

Imagine if Schache ends up being what we were hoping Boyd would become. I just hope the club doesn't throw him to the wolves round 1. And let him develop slowly through VFL if he isn't up to it. Don't destroy his confidence.

One thing I like about him after watching his highlights is unlike Boyd, he marks the footy out in front. Doesn't just throw his hands up and want it to drop on top of him. Absolutely praying that this works out for us.

Imagine if Schache ends up being what we were hoping Boyd would become. I just hope the club doesn't throw him to the wolves round 1. And let him develop slowly through VFL if he isn't up to it. Don't destroy his confidence.

One thing I like about him after watching his highlights is unlike Boyd, he marks the footy out in front. Doesn't just throw his hands up and want it to drop on top of him. Absolutely praying that this works out for us.

Is he a stay at home forward? long target type? Boyd seems much better on the move than standing under it. perhaps they compliment each other, he asked hopefully?

Welcome aboard young fella. Hope he turns out to be a great KPF for us. Nice to remove the cancer that was Jake Stringer, hopefully he stinks it up at Essendon.

It is amazing how this last second trade really salvaged trade week for us. To go to the draft with 9 and 16 and bring in Schache, Trengove and Crozier is a great result.

I do feel bad for Brisbane too. Lord knows we can relate to how they are probably feeling. Like others have said hopefully pick 1 turns out to be a beauty for them. They deserve it.

I hardly want to bring this up, but could we have nabbed Shackie if we had taken 11 in the first instance from dons (plus whatever other pick swaps there were)

Can someone sell me on him? Can he move? Good in the air?

I really don't know much about him at all.

Is he a stay at home forward? long target type? Boyd seems much better on the move than standing under it. perhaps they compliment each other, he asked hopefully?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome to the Bulldogs Josh Schache

Back