We'll smash the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

So long as the players don't think the same way, we'll be alright. I don't think we will smash them - I have a feeling it's going to be a tight, ugly Lyon-esque game but I hope that we can break it open like Hawthorn did two weeks ago.

They'll want to shut us down so the coaches had better be building a nice big ark right now.

********, what team could possibly be half decent with our injuries
Always a good contest, It reminds me of the Essendon / Collingwood anzac day match, doesnt matter how depleated or where they are on the ladder. always a close tough game. It seems to bring out the best in the teams and with Dal santo , Ball , Hayes your midfield still has a lot of sting.

********, what team could possibly be half decent with our injuries

That's pretty much my point. The Saints are horribly (tragically) undermanned. So if we're gonna be consistent, we should be ruthless and capitalise on that weakness. I'm not dissing the Saints, but given your situation, and ours (if we're to prove something), it's reasonable to expect that we should pounce and win big. BUT, this competition is very even, and personally I go into every match feeling very nervous and take nothing for granted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cats should be primed this weekend , some of the guys have been watching that motivational dvd The Secret, dont know if they need any help but carnt hurt. so watch out sainters

Well, he'd be a valuable addition to the club...
Usually you have a lot of worthwhile comments to dish up big fella.
But where did you get this one?
Riewoldt leaving the Saints would be like a Geelong Captain leaving the Cats and going to the Kangaroos............Oh yeah..........

The only way I can say that I am looking forward to this match is in that once it is finished we can look forward to a decent game the following week. St Kilda will flood majorly and our forward line will become very congested. It will be a dirge of a match with a low score and the flavour of 'keepings off'. If we win, it won't be by a lot. It won't be a match for the pool room.

The only way I can say that I am looking forward to this match is in that once it is finished we can look forward to a decent game the following week. St Kilda will flood majorly and our forward line will become very congested. It will be a dirge of a match with a low score and the flavour of 'keepings off'. If we win, it won't be by a lot. It won't be a match for the pool room.

I think you're right. I've kept the Richmond game, and plan on keeping the Port game in my archives... but I don't think I'll need to write-protect this tape!:(

It looms as a role reversal of last years clash...we were on a 4 game losing streak, injury depleted yet somehow managed to get over the top of a saints side that was riding high.
Highlight being Hamill trying to knock SJ out only to come of second best.
We should win though we have lost plent of should win games before

Its funny, St Kilda fans see it an entirely different way.

the following is an extract from the cess pit that is Saintsational. I cannot work out whether the guy is being serious or not. Being a St Kilda supporter, I think he is:

Two wishes for Sunday:

1. Not a win, but at least not an embarrassment a la Geelong v. Richmond
2. Someone to avenge Sammy on that dog Johnson. If he hadn't left his body in the way of Sammy's brave charge in 2006, we'd still have one real captain on the field.

Roo wont be going anywhere,and I hope we f@#kin get up and shove it up all your bloody self glorified arses!!!I hope your team comes out to play so sure of themselves like all you are.Then the saints will come marching in!!

I think we will win and quite comfortably. Any player that does not give 100% knows that there are several players in the Vfl waiting for a chance to get back in. Once you are out they all know how hard it will be to get back in, there will be no lapses this year. If they stick to the game plan,play one on one accountable footy and move the ball quickly this St.Kilda team will be no match for them.

the following is an extract from the cess pit that is Saintsational. I cannot work out whether the guy is being serious or not. Being a St Kilda supporter, I think he is:

Two wishes for Sunday:

2. Someone to avenge Sammy on that dog Johnson. If he hadn't left his body in the way of Sammy's brave charge in 2006, we'd still have one real captain on the field.

Just like all teams, we have some supporters who dont speak for the rest of us.

I think most of you here will understand that.

Two wishes for Sunday:

I would laugh so hard if I knew he was being serious, but I actually don't know!

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll smash the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back