West Coast Eagles Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure about Vossy and reading this article on bound for glory doesn't help ease my concerns:

http://boundforglorynews.com/stay-or-go-the-dilemma-facing-young-lions/

“Opportunity and success are two different things in regards to their reasons for leaving. It’s not necessarily homesickness, but of course it’s easy to single that out in order to make the lure home more accessible,” the young Lions player said – alluding to “excuses” being the reasoning.
“To be frank, the players leaving weren’t heavily invested in by (Michael) “Vossy”. A few of them really battled hard in the NEAFL and reaped little to no reward for their efforts.”

Pretty sure Langdon last night said Harvey was out? and the list of candidates is very interesting.

Would of thought Simpson would want younger coaches so he can tell them the way it should be?

Think Bassett would be good even just to get an insight to SANFL Players????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Langdon last night said Harvey was out? and the list of candidates is very interesting.

Would of thought Simpson would want younger coaches so he can tell them the way it should be?

Think Bassett would be good even just to get an insight to SANFL Players????

Yeah i wonder what who is on that list.

Barich just said that Laidley is a favourite - oh, God, I hope not.

Laidley is actually a pretty good coach , much better than he is given credit for. His time a North was stymied by a Club with a shit list because they weren't paying the full TPP , had sub standard facilities , negligible resources and were grossly underfunded. He and the football department were operating on a shoe string. With a backdrop of infighting and disorder at Board level. In short the place was a rabble.

From a tactical point of view Laidley was a very astute coach and his game day coaching was of a high standard. It could be argued that he in fact got the very best out of a rather ordinary list , in many ways they overachieved whilst he coached North.

Where his downfall occurred was that he did not come across well in the media and subsequently was ridiculed for his performances in front of the camera.

He like Harvey, share similar traits, in so much as they both were good coaches but not the slightest bit media savvy.

Granted Laidley was not a good media performer , but there was however no slight on his coaching ability.

Laidley is actually a pretty good coach , much better than he is given credit for. His time a North was stymied by a Club with a shit list because they weren't paying the full TPP , had sub standard facilities , negligible resources and were grossly underfunded. He and the football department were operating on a shoe string. With a backdrop of infighting and disorder at Board level. In short the place was a rabble.

From a tactical point of view Laidley was a very astute coach and his game day coaching was of a high standard. It could be argued that he in fact got the very best out of a rather ordinary list , in many ways they overachieved whilst he coached North.

Where his downfall occurred was that he did not come across well in the media and subsequently was ridiculed for his performances in front of the camera.

He like Harvey, share similar traits, in so much as they both were good coaches but not the slightest bit media savvy.

Granted Laidley was not a good media performer , but there was however no slight on his coaching ability.

Well in that case, if either Laidley or Harvey are appointed, then I hope the club does not ever let them near a microphone or camera.

I remember Dean Laidley as a tough defender for the Eagles back in the day. If he can bring that uncompromising attitude that he had in his playing days to coaching I would say he could be a good pick up; particularly as an assistant coach.

Laidley is a bit rough around the edges and I don't wish to be unkind, but his Missus is even rougher. Not sure he's are a good fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Eagles Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back