R9: 175 (Bulldogs (10th) 52)
R11: 85 (Gold Coast (17th) 67)
R13: 110 (Port Adelaide (16th) 88)
R16: 96 (Geelong (2nd) 88)
R18: 65 (Freo (11th) 64)
R20: 147 (Richmond (12th) 90)
R22: 134 (Essendon (8th) 77)
R24: 145 (Adelaide (14th) 50)

Season High: Round 9 - 175 against Bulldogs (52)
Season Low: Round 18 - 65 against Freo (64)
Average score of 111.6.
Taking out highest and lowest score; Average of 109.9

Carlton:

R21: 115 (Freo (11th) 85)
I removed Carlton's highest and lowest score at Subi.. gotta say the stats don't look great for the Blues.

Average score: 0.

I removed Carlton's highest and lowest score at Subi.. gotta say the stats don't look great for the Blues.

Average score: 0.

Funny thing is we seemed to average the exact same score every time we played there this year. A little freaky :p

How is this relevent? Fact - small forwards struggle in finals.

darren-jarman-103952.jpg

This bloke did alright....

Also most goals kicked in Grand Final is held by Gordon Coventry (183cm) and Gary Ablet Snr (185cm)

Fact - Carlton rely on most of their goals from small forwards.

Carlton have kicked 341 goals this year. Betts has kicked 49, Garlett 46 for a total of 95. (27.8% of Carlton goals).

West Coast have kicked 331 goals this year. LeCras has kicked 45, Nicoski 38 for a total of 83. (25% of West Coast goals)

Walker and Kennedy have kicked the same number of goals (53).

Well this thread is pretty predictable.

The majority of Carlton fans think they are going to win.

The majority of Eagles fans think they are going to win.

The majority of neatrals think Eagles will win, hence favortism.

Blues: Last game doesn't count because of the ground/not best 22 + throwing in how awesome they were verse the witches hats (Essendon)

Eagles: Carlton yet to beat a top 4 team this year + home ground advantage + the win against Carlton earlier on in the year.

Wow so Carlton should just show up then and we will get taught a lesson by our Victorian betters is it? You got a soft Essendon that tackled 67 times a pathetic effort. Here's a tip Murph and Yarran won't be having a laugh and a smirk running into our half back line like last week. You won at the MCG your own fans reckon is your true home ground and you beat a half fit piss weak excuse of a Freo team at Patterson we beat you at Etihad last time you played against soft opposition the week before. The only finals pressure you were under was the crowd, inside your coaches head and 15 minutes before Essendon turned into witches hats.

darren-jarman-103952.jpg

This bloke did alright....

Yes, substantially more talented than ANYONE in either forward line this weekend though and kicked several goals as a lead and mark forward.

Also most goals kicked in Grand Final is held by Gordon Coventry (183cm) and Gary Ablet Snr (185cm)

You aren't seriously suggesting that Coventry and Ablett Snr were in any traditional way "small" forwards? Surely? FFS .....

Carlton have kicked 341 goals this year. Betts has kicked 49, Garlett 46 for a total of 95. (27.8% of Carlton goals).

West Coast have kicked 331 goals this year. LeCras has kicked 45, Nicoski 38 for a total of 83. (25% of West Coast goals)

Thanks. You want to compare the relative merits of the tall forwards too?

By the way, Lecca is a lead and mark forward more than a crumber. You surely aren't comparing Betts & Garlett (in style) to Lecca? Surely?

Walker and Kennedy have kicked the same number of goals (53).

And? You reckon teams see Walker in the same light as Kennedy when it comes to kicking to a contest?

Walker is more akin to a Lecca TBH and he has struggled late in the season.

The fact remains if we make it a slog you have no threatening tall forwards and you are entirely dependent on flashy, smalls who like space, which is not traditionally a recipe for success in finals ....

Have you watched football before?

Not a chance. We're just confident. Doesn't mean we think we're going to win, just that we have a shot.

Certainly more than Eagles fans seem to think.

Eagles quite clearly deserve favouritism.

I think you will find there is a fair few of us Eagles supporters fairly worried about the match. I know i certainly am.

I fear of Garlett.

Thanks. You want to compare the relative merits of the tall forwards too?
?

What do tall forwards have to do with the FACT that I replying to?

Read the full post :cool:

By the way, Lecca is a lead and mark forward more than a crumber. You surely aren't comparing Betts & Garlett (in style) to Lecca? Surely?

Betts - 89 marks
LeCras - 84 marks.

And? You reckon teams see Walker in the same light as Kennedy when it comes to kicking to a contest?

:confused: no one has said that.

But now that you bring it up....Kennedy is 194cm, Walker 190cm. Walker can jump higher and is quicker and harder to match up on. Kennedy has a great workrate, will be very good player over the next 8 years (but we always knew that).

The fact remains if we make it a slog you have no threatening tall forwards and you are entirely dependent on flashy, smalls who like space, which is not traditionally a recipe for success in finals ....

That is not a fact.

Have you watched football before?

Probably a lot more than you. ;) Living in Perth you tend to get the Eagles shoved down your throat. I bet I have seen more Eagles games this year than you have seen Carlton games..... :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no point looking at games that happened 2 months ago - they have zero relevance. What's relevant is they 22 players that walk out onto the park and which team is better prepared on the day. We had a slog fest against Collingwood on Saturday and the Blues had a breezy win against Essendon on Sunday. 1 day's extra recovery for us is handy but the question is can the Eagles reproduce the same intensity they showed for 4 quarters against Collingwood? Doubtful. Kerr, Cox likely to play. Gibbs, Kreuzer unlikely. Home ground advantage for us but Carlton play Subi pretty well. It's a much more balanced scenario than the $1.54 vs $2.80 odds suggest....I'm not prepared to tip a winner until I know who's playing and who's not, but make no mistake this will be one for the ages.

More like LeCras and Walker. Medium forwards who mark and goal from set shots.
This is Betts' bread and butter...

Walker plays far more like Mitch Morton and the now retired Robertson. Players that compensate for their height with their leap.

LeCras, like Betts, utilises an uncanny ability 'above the head' and, despite their size, command the ball on the lead like FFs of bygone eras.

Completely different, all can crumb, Garlett the best crumber/reader off hands of the forwards in mention.

Blues: Last game doesn't count because of the ground/not best 22 + throwing in how awesome they were verse the witches hats (Essendon)

Eagles: Carlton yet to beat a top 4 team this year + home ground advantage + the win against Carlton earlier on in the year.
Should of just end thread with that.

Add in:

Blues: Subi is a big wide ground + JUDD

Eagles: Small forwards don't win finals + THE PRESS

I will give you all the tip!

None of you are going to convince anyone in the other camp that you are correct in yoour assumptions,

Good Luck Eagles, as much as you hate to admit it, you are the recent version of Carlton..............

We have quite a lot in common,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back