West Coast v Port Adelaide Rd 2 Preview & Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Our skills haven't been flash for so many years now, but we get found out when those players don't have better leg speed, vision, poise etc then they have now. Gotta feel for Josh Kennedy, tries his absolute heart out better delivery and he could be knocking up huge stats week in week out

We have a core of players who are topline or moving in that direction. We have a bunch who seem to be 50/50.

Wouldnt blame JK for wanting a trade back to Carlton. Tries his guts out but what our midfield dish up to him is embarrasing.

Did Masten not play midfield?

Also, what is the situation with NicNat and Cox? The town not big enough for the both of em'?

By the way, i reckon we're 4-5 years off a grand final. People underestimate the time it takes to build a premiership team. We're right on track and im not at all phased...

Shuey could learn to kick straight though...:(

must have been frustrating watching as a west coast fan, i mean i was frustrated at the eagles because you had your chances to win that game but just played a lot of dumb football, wouldnt say doom and gloom for the year just have to smarten up

Am i a prophet now Eagle87?

I agree with most of what you say but still too many overrated players.

What? You said Port only had to show up to win comfortably. You then squibbed it and waited 20 hours until after we lost to respond and then still didnt answer the question asked....

You are weak as piss. :)

And yes, Schofield in for Mackenzie is the obvious choice.

Smith may come in for Nicoski.

And Lynch's kicking would have been handy, so many times we kicked long to a contest but it fell short, to the defender's advantage. An extra 10m and we push back onto an easy grab 5m out from goal.

Really don't know the deal with our forward set-up though. Brown is a good mark on the lead but we were putting him in contest situations which are not his strength.

I'm going to stop harping about it but we were outcoached.

On MacKenzie, I'll be upset if he gets dropped. Surely we're not doing the "One bad game and you're out" thing?

Also, Ebert would want to work very hard. I can't say for sure but I think Brisbane left him unmarked in round 1 and he didn't punish them enough and now this. He needs to do something to increase that hurt factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big questions is our kids other than NN any good?

Why does Masten get limited game time in the middle? I get why Swift, Shuey don't get the time. I find it staggering that Masten who is not a foward, gets so little time in the middle.

Seriously, if Jason Davenport walked into the room, I couldn't guarantee his safety about walking out again atm.

Once again, our lack of a true small crumbing forward has been horribly horribly obvious. Let's hope Broome develops into an AFL player at a monumental rate.

Swift and Shuey were not the problem.

No mate, you miss understand what i saying. I get how Swift and Shuey might not get the time in the middle because of inexperience and injuries. i struggle to understand why masten is not play in the middle.

I think that's pretty obvious, worst skills in the comp and terrible under pressure. Davenport the star! :D:thumbsu:

oh thats rich coming from a fricken dockers supporter. Take yourself and your empty trohpy cabinet back to your tragic forum where you belong thankss :)

I'm going to stop harping about it but we were outcoached.

On MacKenzie, I'll be upset if he gets dropped. Surely we're not doing the "One bad game and you're out" thing?

Also, Ebert would want to work very hard. I can't say for sure but I think Brisbane left him unmarked in round 1 and he didn't punish them enough and now this. He needs to do something to increase that hurt factor.

As you'll see I'm one who has called for E-Mac's head. Now in the past I have been a supporter, he looks a capable defender.

But some of that disposal was just woeful. Where do we draw the line and say "Hey Buddy, you want to play AFL, you have to quit with the laziness". If he does the same next week, we lose, do we drop him then? Do we wait for 4 losses in a row?

I know what you are saying, and the truth is we can't drop everyone who played badly. But he wouldn't want to keep that up.

Disappointing performance.

Spangher is not up to it.
Ebert has gone backwards since his debut game...
Priddis, 3rd qtr aside, wasted every ball he got.
McKenzie made a few blunders, but still offers us a lot.
Schuey needs WAFL time, we all love him but he wasn't good enough tonight

What frustrated me most was the lack of a plan going into the F50.

NN, Waters, Kennedy, Hurn and McGinnity were fantastic.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast v Port Adelaide Rd 2 Preview & Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back