West Coast v Port Adelaide Rd 2 Preview & Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Eric McCantfuknkick doesn't get dropped we're in for another loss. I sweat that !dyot is colour blind on top of being ******3d! How many times does a guy try to go across the goals and stuff up?!! Useless!

Mackenzie has to learn to kick, and Nicoski must go only 8 disposals and kicked a behind, Lynch really would have been handy at half back
Not the worst in 1 quarter of football. He'd have been handy if he didn't go off injured.

Nicoski looks to be out injured which is a relief.
One of the dumbest posts you'll read ^^
You're a great supporter :rolleyes:

Cox lacking more than just match fitness. Looks ill.
Kind of reminds me of the old Cox off, Seaby on disaster moves where the other team would gain momentum.
Nait off & Cox on is costing us. He needs to sort his body/fitness out ASAP.

Things will click eventually but the better teams will smash us (ala St Kilda vs Nth tonight)

I know it won't be appreciated from a Freo fan, but your disposal tonight was absolutely insipid. The amount of times you would stream forward only to kick it over your player's head or just plainly to Port was angering, and i was barracking for you because i tipped you.

Shuey is gonna be a player, Nat a freak, Kenneddy a workhorse . They're the positives for mine

It is amazing that high paid football coaches would drop Lynch, our hard working back up ruckman, full knowing that Cox is half broken, NN is a kid, Brown is inexperienced and Lecras is out. Lynch could have come from the bench to lend a hand in the ruck and forward and maybe have kicked the winning goal The coaches risked Cox breaking down not just losing the match. Coaches hang your heads in shame.

It is amazing that high paid football coaches would drop Lynch, our hard working back up ruckman, full knowing that Cox is half broken, NN is a kid, Brown is inexperienced and Lecras is out. Lynch could have come from the bench to lend a hand in the ruck and forward and maybe have kicked the winning goal The coaches risked Cox breaking down not just losing the match. Coaches hang your heads in shame.

1. Considering the delivery and the tactics employed by Port, there's no way Lynch would've done a better job than Brown or Kennedy.

2. We didn't loose the ruck, so he wouldn't have been help theree.

3. It's been implied that Lynch didn't play his role against Brisbane and was dropped on discipline.

The only reason I can think of for so many long bombs is the coaches telling the midfielders "I dont want you to look up just bomb it in as high, long and quick as possible". It seriously looked like the wrath of Woosh would be on them if they dared to actually pass the ball inside 50. I just dont get it! these guys are suppose to be AFL level footballers why cant they realize half way through the third bombing long isnt going to help!!!

Do our forwards not lead? does Kennedy, Brown, Cox and Naita just wait to get it kicked on there heads???? Why not hold it up on HF mabye kick back and drag the defenders out a bit first??? chip it around untill you find a pass????

Kennedy, Brown, Hurn can kick it from 45-50 why not wait for a lead???

Such a strange performance, its hard to know what is going on at the Eagles.

Im serious when I say that it was just about the worst performance ive seen from the club for the past few years, even some of our 100+ floggings were not as bad as that performance. At least they were against good teams.

Im serious when I say that it was just about the worst performance ive seen from the club for the past few years, even some of our 100+ floggings were not as bad as that performance. At least they were against good teams.
My very thoughts

Never thought I'd say it but I'm starting to have doubts about woosha

My very thoughts

Never thought I'd say it but I'm starting to have doubts about woosha

Totally agree guys, I felt worse watching that game from my couch lastnight than sitting at Etihad last year when the Saints smashed us by 93 points (although I probably had my head in my hands for 3/4 of that one:eek:)

Agree about Worsfold too, where was his passion? His plan B? I did see him once on the phone after a bad piece of play. Our boys really needed guidance and a kick in the arse, it didn't look like they got either. It seriously makes me wonder.

Tactically our team was shocking. Honestly where were our forwards???? Why wasn't our forwards manning up their respective players. How many times did our forwards have to be outnumbered before you realise that something has to be done.

There were so many 3 on 1 or 2 on 1 situations in our forward line. What's worse was our midfielder kept kicking to those situtations instead of holding on to the ball and waiting for the right option to present itself. It happened during the 1st and 2nd quarter and continued for the whole game.

This was a game we should've won :mad:

Nic Nat is a freak...when he picked it up one handed from the middle and delivered to Kennedy = WOW...Melbourne stuffed up BIG TIME!!!

Is it just me or does Woosha remind you of Rain Man when he is coaching, minus the genius part. He shows little emotion and appears just to stare into space when things aren't going well. His sidekick Sumich has no idea what he is doing, I wish we picked up Laidley last year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something going to be on Fox sports at half time during Bulldogs/Tigers match about Surjan faking for the stretcher or something to slow momentum last night! :rolleyes:

Something going to be on Fox sports at half time during Bulldogs/Tigers match about Surjan faking for the stretcher or something to slow momentum last night! :rolleyes:
The whole time that was happening I thought something suss was going on. But I in no way blame that for us losing. I blame our complete shitness.

The whole time that was happening I thought something suss was going on. But I in no way blame that for us losing. I blame our complete shitness.

I was up the other end of the ground so didn't see it but they reckon it could be investigated! But yes, we were shit and when you're shit you'll lose!

I was up the other end of the ground so didn't see it but they reckon it could be investigated! But yes, we were shit and when you're shit you'll lose!
He copped what looked a fairly inocuous bump on the head, went down, got up, and went down again. He looked to be grabbing his shoulder, yet they needed a neck brace and a stretcher to get him off. 5 minutes later he was up and walking, hugging his teammates without so much as a wince, certainly with no slings or anything.

I didnt make a difference, but its still piss poor form if true. Wouldnt surprise me from Williams and Port though.

Good effort guys, good luck for the season

Cheers, you too. From an outside perspective are we really that bad?? Half the posters on here are over reacting and calling for mass changes this week but we only lost by 3 points. Our disposal was mostly shocking but this could be due to a lack of confidence and the pressure you guys put us under all night. Thoughts??

Cheers, you too. From an outside perspective are we really that bad?? Half the posters on here are over reacting and calling for mass changes this week but we only lost by 3 points. Our disposal was mostly shocking but this could be due to a lack of confidence and the pressure you guys put us under all night. Thoughts??

Nah, I dont think things are that bad for you guys.

My god though, NicNat looks incredible.

I dont know too much more about the rest of your youth though, I dont actually mind the look of Ebert and a few others, but is there much depth to your youth?

Port have been seen in the past couple of seasons to have minimal depth, but if you look at our current youth playing (and the lot in the SANFL) we have a heap of great players coming up, I would imagine you guys have something similar though that im not aware of.

NicNat will be one of the Top 5 Players over the next few years.

Both teams looked fairly average on Saturday night and I think there is a heap of room for improvement. Things arent that bad for either of us though :).

Btw, that whole thing with Surjan is a joke. When he got up, the stretcher was already on its way and the trainer told him to get down to ensure there was no damage. Obviously he is 'ok' but he is set to miss this week.

We wouldnt have our vice-captain fake a week long injury just to hold onto a small amount of time lol...

Is it just me or does Woosha remind you of Rain Man when he is coaching, minus the genius part. He shows little emotion and appears just to stare into space when things aren't going well. His sidekick Sumich has no idea what he is doing, I wish we picked up Laidley last year...

I still have faith that Woosha will get the most out of this list soon. I think you can put his apparent lack of emotion down to having the ability to be cool and calm under pressure. I certainly wish he would give certain players a spray at times however, because some of them need it badly. I miss Malthouse's response to certain situations, the phone would have well and truly been smashed in that final quarter. A public expression of passion and emotion can go a long way and help fire up a misfiring team. We can know Woosha can do it, because he did it every week on field as a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast v Port Adelaide Rd 2 Preview & Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back