2nds West Coast WAFL (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice goal on the run from Stevens. Slightly unusual as his kicks, while accurate, don't have alot of penetration - most likely this will improve as he recovers from OP.

19 - Dont quote me. Turning 20 this year I think.

Just looked him up. Turned 20 in January.

I was wondering if he was draft age, and if we'd take him as a f/s. Looks like that was a possibility a couple of years ago.

It is sickening that players like Mcginnity and Nicoski are getting games over Stevens and Strijk.

Yes, you've made your point.

Funny you were quick to dismiss my calls for Smith and Stevens the last few weeks. Hopefully you and other posters are getting the message now.
Would you still prefer Mcginnity in the team over these guys?

This week, the right call was McGinnity over both. McGinnity replaces Butler as the small defender and negating mid.

Stevens isn't that. He would be playing the same role as Ebert, Priddis, A. Selwood et al. It wouldn't work.

Strijk looking good. Needs to play consistently well however.

If you can't see the logic behind making these guys really earn an AFL call-up then I can't help you.

Epic pick up from Strijk results in another goal for West's.

Well take him off your hands. ;)

We've got a few promotion spots available with Jones and Butler out for a while, plus the mid-season upgrade.

If Strijk's not top of the list for one of those possies then he's bloody close.

anyone tell me the score for east freo vs west perth right now? can not find any live scores for wafl online:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the first WAFL game I've watched in a while and I'm equally impressed with Strijk and Stevens.

I think Stevens is trying to do too much though. Lets see how he goes in the second half cause he may tire a bit. But I agree he should be getting his debut very soon - perhaps in a home game against the Bulldogs.

I didnt realise Strijk can play in the forward line - if so upgrade him NOW we desperately need a couple of good small forwards with footskills.

The only negative about Strijk I can think of is that he looks a bit like Jeff Farmer. But yeah.. his skills are a class above those around him. :thumbsu:

Neither Stirjk or Stevens are actually playing in the middle. Stirjk has been the major influence in three West Perth goals and has one for himself.

Strijk's favourite player is Chris Judd and he does a mighty fine interpretation. Tries to burst through packs, shrug tackles and is generally very explosive.

Stevens did not get a touch between the 18-27 minute mark of the 2nd quarter. During this time West Perth kicked something like 3 or 4 straight and regained the lead.

Its the first WAFL game I've watched in a while and I'm equally impressed with Strijk and Stevens.

I think Stevens is trying to do too much though. Lets see how he goes in the second half cause he may tire a bit. But I agree he should be getting his debut very soon - perhaps in a home game against the Bulldogs.

I didnt realise Strijk can play in the forward line - if so upgrade him NOW we desperately need a couple of good small forwards with footskills.

The only negative about Strijk I can think of is that he looks a bit like Jeff Farmer. But yeah.. his skills are a class above those around him. :thumbsu:

He can play forward and back. But he's best position is in the centre square.

Being played forward because he gets tagged week after week.

Stevens did not get a touch between the 18-27 minute mark of the 2nd quarter. During this time West Perth kicked something like 3 or 4 straight and regained the lead.

Those stats are rubbish. He clearly sent Easts inside 50 late in the second quarter and got one centre clearence during that period.

He's playing forward of centre, Easts fell away and he struggled to get free.

This week, the right call was McGinnity over both. McGinnity replaces Butler as the small defender and negating mid.

Stevens isn't that. He would be playing the same role as Ebert, Priddis, A. Selwood et al. It wouldn't work.

Strijk looking good. Needs to play consistently well however.

If you can't see the logic behind making these guys really earn an AFL call-up then I can't help you.

Please tell me which Richmonds small forwards Mcginnity will play on? Stevens could have come in for Selwood( why risk him :rolleyes:). I wanted Smith in this week not Strijk, he could take Butler's position as he can go with small forwards (who?) and actually has some above average attributes unlike Mcginnity.

If you can't mount a half decent argument against mine then I can't help you.

Strijk did a great pickup late in the half just then where he scooped it up and changed direction at the same time, then fired off the handball. A few links later and the result is a goal to WP. Promote him NAOW.

Please tell me which Richmonds small forwards Mcginnity will play on? Stevens could have come in for Selwood( why risk him :rolleyes:). I wanted Smith in this week not Strijk, he could take Butler's position as he can go with small forwards (who?) and actually has some above average attributes unlike Mcginnity.

If you can't mount a half decent argument against mine then I can't help you.

Can we leave this sort of debate to the half a dozen or so threads on team selection thanks.

20 this year

Strijk is also playing a blinder, less possessions equal influence.

Footskills of Strijk would be in the top 5% of your side.

Strijk should be in next week, was close this week.

Pav his footskills would be in the top 5% of Fremantle as well, he is just that good a kick.

Would love him as our small backman, that handles pests like Milne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back