Preview Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, Docklands, Sunday 08/04/18 @ 3:20 PM

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a simple formula to beat Essendon and it hasn’t changed in quite a while. Pressure every possession Essendon get, sweet on the turn overs and expose the lack of class, composure (aka decision making) and lack of defensive work from the mid field group.
The Dogs have enough quality for this game plan too work (just like Fremantle).
That’s how someone like a Johannisen will kick five from the half back line.

Out: Brown, Langford and Dea.

In: Myers, Clarke and Fantasia.

Bulldogs go small in thw forward line. We can deal with just Hurley and Hartley as the talls.

It’s a simple formula to beat Essendon and it hasn’t changed in quite a while. Pressure every possession Essendon get, sweet on the turn overs and expose the lack of class, composure (aka decision making) and lack of defensive work from the mid field group.
The Dogs have enough quality for this game plan too work (just like Fremantle).
That’s how someone like a Johannisen will kick five from the half back line.

Apply some pressure and put an extra number and that’s it

So easy to beat Essendon

I too have the dogs tipped. Nothing has changed.
Still Essington. Still very ****ing mediocre.
Dogs will come out all mad about being called shit all week.

I'll be demanding an applogy if I'm right ;)
You might well be right. It's far from impossible they will be beat us.

Reading 'Essington' on repeat like a stuck vinyl also gets about as interesting as watching paint dry after a while. Everyone gets it, you're a pessimist.

You might well be right. It's far from impossible they will be beat us.

Reading 'Essington' on repeat like a stuck vinyl also gets about as interesting as watching paint dry after a while. Everyone gets it, you're a pessimist.
Pretty interesting watching paint dry actually. Especially feature walls, they start out looking kinda patchy after one coat but then it dries and it's not so bad. Then you do the second coat and it improves again.

Actually, I think football clubs can be patchy sometimes too... but they do tend to improve over time when people put the effort into a second coat.

As far as this game goes, I expect improvement. Seems to be some teething problems with the new aspects of the game plan (team defence). They'll iron that out. Lots of rushing the ball and not playing our structures the other day too. Strangely enough, hanging on to the ball for an extra second or two is probably one of the easier things to fix, and would improve the available options and decision making ability relatively easily. So at least on those two fronts there ought to be improvement.

Wouldn't mind giving Ridley a shot this week at the expense of Dea or Brown but I don't think he really demand it after yesterday's VFL showing. Don't necessarily want to rush back Fantasia either. Not sure if Myers is really going to help anything if he comes in for Langford.

Don't think there's any change to be made that's worth doing. Hopefully some of the younger guys in the midfield remember how to set up around centre bounces, read the play and protect space this week. Devon Smith is the guy to teach them.

I think we'll win, but we need our younger guys (Parish, McGrath, Langford and Begley) to do a lot more this game. We had plenty of passengers in the team against Freo, some old but a few young. Honestly if the whole team played with the same four quarter intensity as Devon Smith, we would be 2-0 right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone mention we will play bont back into his 2016 form yet ? , cause if not it’s so happening !

I expect no pressure on jj too ! Good old essendon We can always count on you ! We will play well for the first 10 mins then lull the opposition into a rich vein of form then in the last 10 mins when they get tired we sneak up on them !

Macca's the type who will analyse what EFC could have done better after we win the GF by 10 goals.

The only analysing when/if that ever happens will be the drinks selection at the bar.

Can we just bloody do what 15 other clubs would do in this situation and put the Bulldogs to the sword and get 2018 back on track? How many clubs would be lining up to smash us if we were in the same hole as the Bulldogs right now!?

$1.40 favourites (yes before somebody else has a go at me... I understand that pre-game odds mean little) & watch us make this game the most difficult fixture of all time.

Did anyone mention we will play bont back into his 2016 form yet ? , cause if not it’s so happening !

I expect no pressure on jj too ! Good old essendon We can always count on you ! We will play well for the first 10 mins then lull the opposition into a rich vein of form then in the last 10 mins when they get tired we sneak up on them !

Like the Crows game left Etihad relieved more than anything.

Saints,Port,Eagles games were the best not once through out the game I felt threat from the oposistion.

It seems a few people here have been doused in the land of Oz’s finest water, cause all I see is melting left right and centre.

The sky has not fallen down.
We have only played two rounds of footy.
My word...

2 rounds of footy where for 6 of those quarters we look putrid ...

& yet we have 4 points, which came by the way against the side that towelled up reigning premiers last round.

Need a bigger body of work before I start sticking pins in woosha dolls.

zGHQb4O.gif

It's really sad when the majority of supporters feel the same about this game and what we bring to these matches as a team.

This game will really see what we are and capable of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back