Preview Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, Docklands, Sunday 08/04/18 @ 3:20 PM

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice to finally get a player back and not have another two go back.
And if Hurls misses then Brown will play for sure.

Wow, i love my bombers but we are easily the worst and quickest fan base in the comp when it comes to turning on our players.

We beat the raining minor premiers after being 4 goals down at 3QT less than 12 days ago and it would seem like a lifetime around here.

Yes last week was poor, but we have not been good interstate for a while (not an excuse but a fact) and were playing against what is a reasonable talented side in their first game in front of their home crowd in a brand spanking new stadium, a game they probably had circled since the fixture was released. It is not carlton r3 last year for example.

Take a moment...breathe.... and R E L A X. Its round 3 for crying out loud. On a fast deck like etihad and in melbourne we should be better

Wow, i love my bombers but we are easily the worst and quickest fan base in the comp when it comes to turning on our players.

We beat the raining minor premiers after being 4 goals down at 3QT less than 12 days ago and it would seem like a lifetime around here.

Yes last week was poor, but we have not been good interstate for a while (not an excuse but a fact) and were playing against what is a reasonable talented side in their first game in front of their home crowd in a brand spanking new stadium, a game they probably had circled since the fixture was released. It is not carlton r3 last year for example.

Take a moment...breathe.... and R E L A X. Its round 3 for crying out loud. On a fast deck like etihad and in melbourne we should be better
Breathe and relax. Done. Now let's talk facts.

Every time the going gets tough and tight physically, the Dons struggle. This is not to say the that we are not courageous. All AFL players are courageous.

McIntosh gave Merrett a backhander and concussed him. What did Essendon do about it?

Douglas charges and concusses Merrett. What did Essendon do about it? Who stood up?

Swans crushed Essendon through physicality. Who stood up?

Tigers crushed Essendon through physicality. Who stood up?

Freo pretended they were physical. Even Ballantyne was pretending he was the aggressor. What did Essendon do about it?

Freo put a scrubber on Merrett who more than likely whacked him once again in tight. And we did what? Who attacked the tagger?

Noticed Begley trying to help Selwood up and Selwood appeared to say do that again and I will knock your head off (or similar).

Hawks are playing unsociable football. Sicily runs around all game long lining guys up. Clarkson knows what it takes to win premierships. Not a team of nice guys!

Until we toughen up as a team, we are never going to be a serious threat. Joes head ducking and diving forward for frees needs to stop. It is embarrassing. He should be taken from the ground next time he does it. Perhaps Joe should go to the backline like his dad.

Rest assured, Bulldogs will attack Dons physically in tight, because they know that Essendon will struggle if they are physically pressured. This is why the Dogs are a huge chance. As is every other bottom 8 team.

Last edited:

Every time the going gets tough and tight physically, the Dons struggle. This is not to say the that we are not courageous. All AFL players are courageous.

McIntosh gave Merrett a backhander and concussed him. What did Essendon do about it?

Douglas charges and concusses Merrett. What did Essendon do about it? Who stood up?

Freo pretended they were physical. Even Ballantyne was pretending he was the aggressor. What did Essendon do about it?

Freo put a scrubber on Merrett who more than likely whacked him once again in tight. And we did what? Who attacked the tagger?

Noticed Begley trying to help Selwood up and Selwood appeared to say do that again and I will knock your head off (or similar).

Hawks are playing unsociable football. Sicily runs around all game long lining guys up. Clarkson knows what it takes to win premierships. Not a team of nice guys!

Until we toughen up as a team, we are never going to be a serious threat. Joes head ducking and diving forward for frees needs to stop. It is embarrassing. He should be taken from the ground next time he does it. Perhaps Joe should go to the backline like his dad.

Rest assured, Bulldogs will attack Dons physically in tight, because they know that Essendon will struggle if they are physically pressured. This is why the Dogs are a huge chance. As is every other bottom 8 team.
So the answer to our problems are....
Remonstrate and start fights! That will help us score more!
We arent tough enough so we should lineup guys like hawthorn and sicily, thats why the hawkes have been successful (nothing to do with great coaching and players like buddy, Mitchell, hodge, rioli, lewis, roughead....)
You Don't even have to be real aggressive, fake it! #belikeballantyne (said everyone ever)

This sort of melt is exactly what im talking about.
Its round. Freaking. 3.
We beat adelaide after being down 4 goals down at 3QT.
We have played 2 games after 5 months without footy and We have 20 games left but we are apparently doomed

The only thing "Essington" around here are our fans, who apparently go one better than the players ever could and collapse in a heap long before the game starts....

Your post was absolutely spot on.

I don't want the 'Sheedy days' to return because he was well past his use-by date (tactically) at the end... but in our 100+ year history prior to and during his coaching, we had some very average teams but were never the pushovers of the competition and our club's physicality was admired across the competition.

Playing us was an intimidating experience. We may not have been one of the better teams during some of these years... but we were respected and would never make it easy for any club (whether they were leading the competition or in the running for the wooden spoon).

Yep, I get it... the game has changed in so many aspects. But we don't play 'tough' football and that always gives other teams (no matter their ability) a huge chance against us. We aren't respected at all in this department.

And it sucks because we have (in my opinion) one of the dirtiest yet toughest players in VFL/AFL history coaching us. Anybody old enough to remember John Worsfold in his playing days would remember what an absolute prick he used to be.

Our 'outside' game will make us look a million dollars at times this year but it will never lead us to any great heights.

It's round ******* 3 people. There is absolutely no need for this absurd negativity.

So ******* frustrating to read.
If any of you guys need some material for negative comments please feel free to pop over to the bulldogs page. We have been slagging off against out players, coaching staff, execs, banner writers and boot cleaners. You guys have been complementary to your side. Sort of like SUPPORTERS.
I popped in for a lesson in supportership.

BTW your forwards should have a field day, rucks dominate clearances, and backmen get to sign a few autographs and take some selfies anytime after quarter time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the answer to our problems are....
Remonstrate and start fights! That will help us score more!
We arent tough enough so we should lineup guys like hawthorn and sicily, thats why the hawkes have been successful (nothing to do with great coaching and players like buddy, Mitchell, hodge, rioli, lewis, roughead....)
You Don't even have to be real aggressive, fake it! #belikeballantyne (said everyone ever)

This sort of melt is exactly what im talking about.
Its round. Freaking. 3.
We beat adelaide after being down 4 goals down at 3QT.
We have played 2 games after 5 months without footy and We have 20 games left but we are apparently doomed

The only thing "Essington" around here are our fans, who apparently go one better than the players ever could and collapse in a heap long before the game starts....
The Hawthorn players that you list were the unsociable ones that won them flags ... ie Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Buddy etc.

Don't need to start fights but protect Merrett and be very hard at the ball and opposition player if they are in possession.

But you are right. It is only round 3.

Stop the bullshit you blokes, we have a team struggling to keep pace with the ordinary.
No 1 Bellchambers, how long, how long, how long. You're fooling yourselves.
No 2 Heppell, as much as I like the guy, he is 5 rows back from top tier material, if in doubt watch games a bit more closely. Maybe push back to hbf.
No 3 Have been sucked into a coach helping out and a good coach who knows the **** whats happening during a game, and reacting.
No 4 Recruiting, all I've read the last 2 years is player a b c and d is not ready yet, but have spent 3 years in the VFL.
No 5 Probably posted the same thing last year, but ordinary is what ordinary is, get used to it.
No 6 Pissed off, you all better believe it.

If any of you guys need some material for negative comments please feel free to pop over to the bulldogs page. We have been slagging off against out players, coaching staff, execs, banner writers and boot cleaners. You guys have been complementary to your side. Sort of like SUPPORTERS.
I popped in for a lesson in supportership.

BTW your forwards should have a field day, rucks dominate clearances, and backmen get to sign a few autographs and take some selfies anytime after quarter time.
I saw on one of the footy programs (can’t remember which one) that your banner writer was let go. What’s the deal with that?

Inexcusable.

Can just imagine if one of our best younger players had been flattened like that during the 80s, 90s, early 00s ...

Douglas would still be lying on the Etihad surface.

And that's a good thing?

That'll shoot us up the ladder?

You two need to shelve the biggest chill pill you can find.

Stop the bullshit you blokes, we have a team struggling to keep pace with the ordinary.
No 1 Bellchambers, how long, how long, how long. You're fooling yourselves.
No 2 Heppell, as much as I like the guy, he is 5 rows back from top tier material, if in doubt watch games a bit more closely. Maybe push back to hbf.
No 3 Have been sucked into a coach helping out and a good coach who knows the **** whats happening during a game, and reacting.
No 4 Recruiting, all I've read the last 2 years is player a b c and d is not ready yet, but have spent 3 years in the VFL.
No 5 Probably posted the same thing last year, but ordinary is what ordinary is, get used to it.
No 6 Pissed off, you all better believe it.

7 drunk?

And that's a good thing?

That'll shoot us up the ladder?

You two need to shelve the biggest chill pill you can find.

Well I'd love you to name a successful team that hasn't got the element of 'mongrel' about them...

Because I can't see the current outside seagull receiving team which thrives off uncontested possessions shooting up the ladder anytime soon.

Well I'd love you to name a successful team that hasn't got the element of 'mongrel' about them...

Because I can't see the current outside seagull receiving team which thrives off uncontested possessions shooting up the ladder anytime soon.

You're literally advocating someone getting knocked out.

You have rocks in your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back