What’s up with Cripps?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is telling porkies on purpose in order to deflect attention to any injuries he may be carrying.

When Teague denied Cripps was injured in 2021 when his form was dipping Brad Lloyd came out pretty quickly to say that he was indeed carrying an injury and Teague was forced to embarrassingly retract his earlier comments. To my knowledge there has been no such correction from the club of Voss’ comments on Sunday this time around so I can only assume he is not injured. It’s all a bit an odd as he did appear to hurt his ankle against the Swans.

Has had two or fewer tackles in 3 of the ladt 6 games - all losses.

One goal for the season, in 13 games. Two shots at goal in the last 6 games. Last season he kicked 20 goals and averaged 1.5 shots at goal per match.

Has only managed 5 clearances once in the last 6 games. Has not reached 15 contested possessions. Last season he had 5 clearances 17 times and 15CP 13 times.

Has twice has zero marks in the last 6 games, and has averaged 1.8. One contested mark in that stretch. Last year he averaged 4 marks and 0.5CM.

This is beyond a form slump - thise numbers are just damning. He is either injured, in which case he should skip GC and have an extended rest over the bye.

Or he is horribly out of form in which case he should have a stint off the ball - maybe CHB a la Kouta in 98.

Rest him I say . Dow to play the crippa role .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crippa is cooked at the moment. Happens when you are carrying a team and you keep getting hospital passes. There is no way he is not injured.
My greatest fear is Sam Walsh is in a similar boat

When Teague denied Cripps was injured in 2021 when his form was dipping Brad Lloyd came out pretty quickly to say that he was indeed carrying an injury and Teague was forced to embarrassingly retract his earlier comments. To my knowledge there has been no such correction from the club of Voss’ comments on Sunday this time around so I can only assume he is not injured. It’s all a bit an odd as he did appear to hurt his ankle against the Swans.
So I'll ask, who's comments were in the "best" interests of Crippa, Teague's or Lloyd's?

So I'll ask, whose comments were in the "best" interests of Crippa, Teague's or Lloyd's?

IMO Lloyd did the right thing by Cripps whereas Teague was looking after himself. There is no benefit lying in that situation as Cripps isn’t good enough to play unfit. It is not brave. It is actually really selfish and quite dumb.

After Voss was so definitive about the subject on Sunday I find it hard to believe Cripps is injured, unless he’s not telling people at the club how impaired he actually, which is really selfish and really dumb.

IMO Lloyd did the right thing by Cripps whereas Teague was looking after himself. There is no benefit lying in that situation as Cripps isn’t good enough to play unfit. It is not brave. It is actually really selfish and quite dumb.

After Voss was so definitive about the subject on Sunday I find it hard to believe Cripps is injured, unless he’s not telling people at the club how impaired he actually, which is really selfish and really dumb.
Yep understand all that and dont disagree completely. Players, especially Captains, are their own worst enemy and especially Cripps in this predicament. IF he's injured (not saying he is or isn't), and not telling the doctors the full extent, I suspect its not coming from a bad place per se' (ie dumb and selfish), its more that he doesn't want to let his team and his mates down at a time of need. Not easy managing 45 blokes.

Crippa is cooked at the moment. Happens when you are carrying a team and you keep getting hospital passes. There is no way he is not injured.
My greatest fear is Sam Walsh is in a similar boat
Walsh more lack of pre-season and conditioning. He is able to accumulate and use the ball badly without impact, but lacks the zip. Would be deeply frustrating for both.

He probably mentally stuffed. Not getting the support he did last year wouldn't be helping matters. I struggle to understand why he's not going forward as often as he did last year. As a few have suggested perhaps plonk him in the fwd line to see how things pan out. Also he's not showing anywhere near as much aggression as he has done previously. Not flying the flag as captain when one of our boys gets roughed up. All rather strange to me!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a good point.

Adds more weight to give him a rest if his injured, rather than expose him to lacklustre form onfield and the ire of the fans.

Not serving the individual, team or supporters if he is indeed injured.

If he is not, and Voss is right... he needs to go back and find form

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Changing of the guard is needed. Reduce his attendances at the centre bounce and preserve his body. If we are inundated with inside mids, then use Kennedy, Hewett, Dow etc to do more of the heavy lifting, and put Cripps in there for bursts. He's more valuable being fit enough to drift forward and kick a goal or two, than attend 95% of the centre bounces and get battered in all of them.

robocop GIF

Look at Crippa just glide across the ground!

Hopefully can rest him with Cerra and Walsh coming back. Rather Cripps jump off his horse than die on it.

What was the huge pillow thing on his ribs? Seemed genuinely hurt today

On SM-A235F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Got a huge kick/hit in the ribs against Melbourne, absolutely put him down but he played on. I think it was in a contest with Brayshaw, on the wing, mid last quarter.

Either a cracked rib or severe bruising you'd think.

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s up with Cripps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back