What AFL record will stand forever?

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Neon Leon's 70+ consecutive kick-ins without a turnover? Not sure if there are any records kept of this but it is just nearly unbelievable that he hasn't turned the ball over over in a game where forward pressure and zoning is higher than ever from kick-ins!!!:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incorrect - the Dogs joined the VFL/AFL many years after the Saints that were a foundation member in 1897, so therefore St Kilda has been in the AFL the most years with only one flag, even if it was more recent than the Dog's flag.

Who knows, the way they're going maybe Port can challenge it one day?;)

pretty sure saints and dogs joined the AFL 1990.

The no Hawthorn/Richmond Final is quite remarkable.

239 by Geelong looks safe I reckon, games are a few minutes shorter than they were back when it was 25 minute quarters with less time on. I think it was Billy Brownless that kicked the score that beat the previous record in the last minute of that game against the Bears in 1992.

Although Geelong themselves did give it a bit of a shake against Richmond at the Dome a few years back.
Looked a little vulnerable at about 4:35 yesterday.

Longest break between games.

Syd Barker: 13 years 12 days, 27-6-1908 to 9-7-1921

A record that will NEVER be broken.

that would be a VFA record

Nope. In 1908 he played 1 of 2 games with Richmond and in 1921 he played with Essendon after being poached from North under the bogus merger agreement. He then went on to Captain Coach Essendons back to back 1923-1924 premiership sides before returning to North.

In between that time he played in the North VFA triple premiership winning "invincible" sides that won 58 games on the trot.

collingwoods 4 flags has an * next to it.
didnt they lose but got to challenge the winner to another GF, so technically didnt win 4 in a row
If I had a cent for every aints fan who has whined about that particular thing I would be a billionaire :rolleyes:
What about Sydney then?
And the Crows?
How about Brisbane?
Weagles?
They all have premierships virtually handed to them by the AFL - do you think those should have asterix beside them?

Flog :rolleyes:

If I had a cent for every aints fan who has whined about that particular thing I would be a billionaire :rolleyes:
What about Sydney then?
And the Crows?
How about Brisbane?
Weagles?
They all have premierships virtually handed to them by the AFL - do you think those should have asterix beside them?

Flog :rolleyes:

now cmon jonbe - the aints have won countless moral premierships lately, and are proud to show them in their premiership cabinets.

what makes a moral premiership is anyones guess - depending on the loose interpretation of what moral means i guess.

bit like the spanish inquisition with the aints - "we are in the right cos its gods way"

Remove this Banner Ad

What AFL record will stand forever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back