What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly this is really good. Anyone understand these stats that can elaborate?

Best I can do from the side of the image is that a pressure rating above 3.3, based presumably on number and effectiveness of spoils and pressure acts, would put someone in the top 10% of players that week. With Richards at a 4.8, he'd have been in the absolute top echelon.

Supposedly this is really good. Anyone understand these stats that can elaborate?

Basically, it's the sum number of rating points (AFL Player Ratings) from the pressure and spoil categories.

Richards scored a total of 15.9 AFL Player Rating points in R1 with 3.7 points coming from pressure and 1.1 points from spoils, equalling the 4.8 in the graphic.

Only Harris Andrews averaged more than 4.8 points coming from pressure and spoils in 2021 which was 5.1.

For many years I have enjoyed much of the footy media and the entertainment it provides.

Tonight I turned on 360, and 2 seconds of Robbo’s voice was enough for me to turn over. Later I lasted about the same on footy classified just by looking at the 4 panel members. Haven’t done On the Couch because of loin chop for a while.

I don’t think I am going to miss anything important.

As long as I can follow Chicago’s lucky meal choices somehow, it’s all good.

For many years I have enjoyed much of the footy media and the entertainment it provides.

Tonight I turned on 360, and 2 seconds of Robbo’s voice was enough for me to turn over. Later I lasted about the same on footy classified just by looking at the 4 panel members. Haven’t done On the Couch because of loin chop for a while.

Haven't you heard? No Lucky Meals this year. (My new retirement village provides my main meal every day.) I guess your footy life will really be empty this year. Stay strong. ;)

Same here, I'll never watch those shows again.
Confected bullshit from supposed experts droning on predictably.
I even watch our games on mute.

I have never in my life watched any of these shows. And yet, I somehow still manage to enjoy watching footy. I have Bigfooty to keep me (mis)informed so I'm good.

Watched Footy Classified in anticipation of further attacks on Bevo and was not disappointed. The continued assault on Bevo's character by the crone Wilson were disgusting. HUtchinson's take on Bevo's mo were childish and moronic. Rightly or wrongly Bevo's takedown of Morris was unprofessional but in truth I probably would have responded similarly under the circumstances. He has made his mea culpa and we all move on BUT no, the AFL media have Bevo squarely in it's sights and will not be satisfied until they have driven him out of the game. There needs to be a response from the Club to what is now akin to workplace bullying.
Can't wait for the aftermatch press conference this week.

Watched Footy Classified in anticipation of further attacks on Bevo and was not disappointed. The continued assault on Bevo's character by the crone Wilson were disgusting. HUtchinson's take on Bevo's mo were childish and moronic. Rightly or wrongly Bevo's takedown of Morris was unprofessional but in truth I probably would have responded similarly under the circumstances. He has made his mea culpa and we all move on BUT no, the AFL media have Bevo squarely in it's sights and will not be satisfied until they have driven him out of the game. There needs to be a response from the Club to what is now akin to workplace bullying.
Can't wait for the aftermatch press conference this week.

Maybe no one will turn up - let's hope so, Bevo will love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too. Is it them, or just us getting older? No, it’s them. They, possibly along with other factors, were killing the enjoyment of footy for me. If I didn’t love the Bulldogs so much I could lose interest in the whole thing.

Me too. Is it them, or just us getting older? No, it’s them. They, possibly along with other factors, were killing the enjoyment of footy for me. If I didn’t love the Bulldogs so much I could lose interest in the whole thing.
This.

Take the Dogs out and footy becomes almost meaningless.

In saying that, I'm sure many agree with me.

I know many supporters of other clubs who feel the same way.

There are other factors, of course, but saturation media coverage is the main reason I feel this way.

It's such a blight on the game these days.

It's definitely them. And at the risk of sentimentality...

For those of us who used to live and breathe the whole footy universe, it's a terrible disappointment. Anyone who grew up on a diet of Seven's Big League, World of Sport, The Winners and Inside Football has a right to feel aggrieved. It was basic but informative, it was loveable and certainly a bit daggy. Now, instead of Bob, Lou and Jack, we have Robbo, Carro and Damo. A bunch of cynical, precious megalomaniacs. Assassins, all of them, of something that used to actually be fun. Way to take your legacy and urinate on it.

Holy sh*t Hutchy criticising Bevs mo as it’s an “optics game” unbelievable. You’re a fat disgusting balding piece of sh*t, how are you allowed on TV? 😂

Sour grapes still after sacking from footy show in 2017.

Hutchy blamed his weight: “I think there’s a reasonable expectation that if you’re going to host a television show is that you’re in good nick to do it and that you’re visually appealing to the audience,”

Viewer comments concurred, but added he was also boring: One noted he looked “bloated”, another that he had the “perfect head for radio”. Much more pressing was his lack of gravitas and lack of humour.

Bevo will never be ugly, fat or boring - especially with a Che Guevara mo.

Suck that up Hutchinson.

Sex workers have a special clause in their workplace health & safety policies because of you.

Haven't you heard? No Lucky Meals this year. (My new retirement village provides my main meal every day.) I guess your footy life will really be empty this year. Stay strong. ;)
Oh dear lord, you did say that and I had totally forgotten.

Where is your retirement village? Maybe I could drop something in every match day.

I can’t help feeling if our season turns to scheizenhausen this is going to be the reason why.

Had to laugh at this with David King thinking that we're paying Macrae too much as "he's not a damaging player". Whateley and Edmond at least tried to stick up for Jack.

You can only be damaging if you can get the ball in a pack and burst away, like Martin, Dangerfield, Petracca etc

It’s the law

I don't watch any football coverage other than the games. That includes the pre-game, post-game and half-time shows. I watched almost every game last week. Love it. Turn off the commentary and just enjoy the sport.
I sent a tweet to Kayo last week telling them that if they had an audio stream featuring game and crowd noises only without commentary, I would pay extra for their service. They said they'd look into it

I would like if we were able to opt in to radio commentary over the televised game. It'd be too hard I imagine with the time delays etc.

I enjoy the ABC's coverage and I don't find it too muckracking.

Mark McClure is annoying when he covers Carlton games but I'd take that over the other stations' coverage.

I sent a tweet to Kayo last week telling them that if they had an audio stream featuring game and crowd noises only without commentary, I would pay extra for their service. They said they'd look into it
Yep. I’ve been turning the sound down for years. Most of them are unbearable and seem to think it’s all about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back