What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably is racist...

PROBABLY?
You should enrol in a Racism101 class.

... i find it biggoted of them that its ok for them to call each other the n word but not for any other race.

Jimeoin does a really good take on the word bunt. Two mates saying 'how ya going ya bunt?" is a wee bit different to calling a stranger a bunt.

I don't really know if this is unpopular, but it's something I don't get - why, on a whole, the footy media is so gutless. Has anyone ever actually asked a tough question at a post-match press conference? The "journos" at those things are like scared sheep.

Boys club, ask genuine questions don't expect to get any favours etc.

It probably is racist, but i find it biggoted of them that its ok for them to call each other the n word but not for any other race.

Nice use of the word 'them'...

But if you went to a pub, saw your best mate and called him a campaigner, no problems right? Call the stranger who you bumped into a campaigner, and most likely it's on. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that words between people you are familiar with and in context are different to words said with different contexts and from people looking down on you.

But if you went to a pub, saw your best mate and called him a ****, no problems right? Call the stranger who you bumped into a ****, and most likely it's on. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that words between people you are familiar with and in context are different to words said with different contexts and from people looking down on you.

You're a ****.

1. That Carlton is more of a souless franchise than WC. Big John Elliot ruled the roost then Visy paper bags (to Judd) then Jeanne Little & co push aside the footy department to appoint Malthouse over favourite son. The Blues, the play thing of the big end of town. (sorry on reading this maybe it not so unpopular after all).

2. Joffrey dying was sad, that sick little bugger was having serious fun!

Boys club, ask genuine questions don't expect to get any favours etc.

What "favours" do they really get as it is though? They're not getting any genuine insight, and they look like dullards to the general public. They'd have more respect all-round if they actually tried to get something less obvious out of the coaches, and actually provided a deeper insight to the public as well.

You're a ****.

I'll bottle you as you leave the club m8

What "favours" do they really get as it is though? They're not getting any genuine insight, and they look like dullards to the general public. They'd have more respect all-round if they actually tried to get something less obvious out of the coaches, and actually provided a deeper insight to the public as well.

Hmm, I was only hypothesising originally so not 100% sure but I'd guess better access to clubs & players, coaches tend to give better responses to journalists they prefer, and with the amount of former coaches/players into the media probably run into some backstabbing in future.

...that Collingwood have a good chance of knocking off Hawthorn when they meet in a few weeks.

More immediately, that Adelaide vs. Collingwood at Adelaide Oval in a couple of weeks will be a "great contest". Bruce McAvaney was pumping it up on commentary towards the end of last nights game, and I've heard one or two other people act like it'll be a real hot ticket. I'd be surprised if the Crows got within 7 goals of the Pies ATM TBH.

Hmm, I was only hypothesising originally so not 100% sure but I'd guess better access to clubs & players, coaches tend to give better responses to journalists they prefer, and with the amount of former coaches/players into the media probably run into some backstabbing in future.

Considering how little of value they offer their audience with this "better access", I don't really see the value of being a yes-man, doltish journo.

Every club needs a home ground to give us the opportunity to do this to opposition players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how unpopular this is, but Carlton's old jumper (as worn last night) looks better than their current one.
Agree with this, I quite like the old CFC monogram on the jumper, just adds a sense of history whereas the current one could be seen as a bit of a bore, with just the club's logo on the club's only colour as the guernsey.

The more blocky CFC looks excellent on the modern guernsey templates, I have to say. Would like to see more teams bring back their old guernseys even for a short time promotion.

Got a photo?

957227-33a802c4-d200-11e3-8fb0-f8d7f99ee21f.jpg

1. That Carlton is more of a souless franchise than WC. Big John Elliot ruled the roost then Visy paper bags (to Judd) then Jeanne Little & co push aside the footy department to appoint Malthouse over favourite son. The Blues, the play thing of the big end of town. (sorry on reading this maybe it not so unpopular after all).

2. Joffrey dying was sad, that sick little bugger was having serious fun!
that better not be a ****ing spoiler
im saving up all ten eps for a marathon

way to go:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back