Whatever happened to Jason Cloke?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love to see him back on the Pies list.

Wether his a favourtie player of yours or not you have to see that their is simply no room for him. All defenders on our list are far better one on one. We have Maxwell and Heath who aptly play either a loose man or zone off in defence role. No point having him clogging up a list spot and never moving from the VFL

Thats actually not such a stupid idea...

If there is no interest in him at AFL level then he may decide to join Travis and Collingwood again as a VFL top up player.

i loved him as a player, i think clubs worked him out and knew he was fairly weak in one on ones. he was very good at reading the play and being third man up or playing the loose man in the backline role. but not overly fast to take the smalls or big and strong enough to take a big guy like j brown

thats just my take on it

people still have the opinion that maxwell will go the same way as j cloke, maxwells. i cant see that though , maxwell is a better version of j cloke.

i still think mm was harsh on j cloke in his last few years, would play him out of his position then just bench him

ive loved watchin all 3 clokeys play

Spot on mate, great post.

Jason cloke killed it in the Vfl for the Bendigo Bombers this year.

He Kicked Goals Played in the backline

Could play as a FF, CHF

Fantastic Player

Wouldnt be suprised if he gets Drafted in PSD

Hopfully he does He desirves another chance at AFL Level

Good Luck to him:thumbsu:

i may be wrong, but didnt he also captain victoria in the state of origin game against WA?? hard to have a poor game when you smash them by 100 or so, but its gotta be saying something if he is given captain out of everyone in the VFL...i could be hopelessly wrong though

Nah Jason Was one of my favourite players at Collignwood

Still think that with jimmy gone and wakes and presti nearing the end he still would have been handing. but thats life i spose :D

Cloke was very, very good in most of the 2002, 2003 games. Such a shame he did not go on.
Scotland was also very good.

I'm still dirty we let Scotland go! He's a ball magnet with great disposal, and has been one of Carlton's consistent performers. We let he and Steinfort go to easily with no forward thinking of future midfield stocks! He'd have been very handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duely noted.
Lets get this thread going again.
I wanted to know what Cloke was doing now.
Apparently he is considered a very good chance to nominate for the PSD next year.
I would like to see him picked up.
Do you think that would require too much eating of humble Pie from both parties?

Duely noted.
Lets get this thread going again.
I wanted to know what Cloke was doing now.
Apparently he is considered a very good chance to nominate for the PSD next year.
I would like to see him picked up.
Do you think that would require too much eating of humble Pie from both parties?

He won't get picked up for the same reason he was delisted he has no role in our side. Another club with a weaker backline or who play a more flooding style of game may have use for him but with our gameplan he is just no use. Cloke would not get a game above Harry O, Maxwell, Heath, Presti,Wakes,Goldsack as they are all better one on one. Maxwell and Heath both zone off and play the third man up like Cloke used to.

Waiting in the wings we have Anthony and Brown who needed to be blooded at any oppertunity if we have injuries. There really is no value in J Cloke 2 CFC so we wouldn't even consider it, it really is just eating up a list spot and positions on the list are precious in modern football.

He won't get picked up for the same reason he was delisted he has no role in our side. Another club with a weaker backline or who play a more flooding style of game may have use for him but with our gameplan he is just no use. Cloke would not get a game above Harry O, Maxwell, Heath, Presti,Wakes,Goldsack as they are all better one on one. Maxwell and Heath both zone off and play the third man up like Cloke used to.

Waiting in the wings we have Anthony and Brown who needed to be blooded at any oppertunity if we have injuries. There really is no value in J Cloke 2 CFC so we wouldn't even consider it, it really is just eating up a list spot and positions on the list are precious in modern football.

I think people are suggesting he should sign up for Collingwood's new standalone VFL team and not be on our list... You must admit he would be pretty handy for this :thumbsu: But I doubt he will budge because he is probably still a bit pissy with Collingwood...

I think people are suggesting he should sign up for Collingwood's new standalone VFL team and not be on our list... You must admit he would be pretty handy for this :thumbsu: But I doubt he will budge because he is probably still a bit pissy with Collingwood...

I would not blame him if he did....but it would be great to have him back in the Black and White VFL or AFL.
I see a hole that needs filling in the backline with Clement's retirement and a player who could fill it nicely.
I reckon Travis wouldn't be too dirty on it either.

Sorry everyone for posting a private e-mail

But yeah, would love to see him running around again in the AFL

So can the pies still pick him up the PSD?

If they want to or?

As I understand it, if he nominates, then he can be picked up by any club as their turn comes up.
I have seen a few posts which hint that Carlton may be interested. How much truth here is in this is debatable but it would make sense with a) Cameron being at Carlton and b) Ratten looking at some changes.
Personally I would like to see him at Collingwood.
He is still only 25/26, was good backman and would have benefitted from a full year away from the AFL spotlight.
If we cannot fit him in staright off the bat he would be a valuable player for the VFL side and this would give us a chance to evaluate his chances at AFL level again.
Of course if he is picked up by another club all bets are off.

id LOVE if he got back into the afl, just reading about him being a possibility to carlton excites me.

carltons weirdly enough the other side in the afl that i keep a close eye on , as i was bought up with two brothers as blues supporters and a dad aswell. i was the odd one out i think lol

i could see him slotting into the carlton side fairly well. hope he gets a chance. gl to him

That's true, although I remember Cloke still getting some opportunities and not doing anything with them. His VFL form was good in 2006, but for AFL he wasn't up to it.
He was one of our best players in his last game for the Pies, played well with limited chances last year but Mick was never going to keep him no matter how he played

never seemed to get a good few weeks to get settled into the side at all

MM made him the team scapegoat and got dropped him everytime we lost a game

he would be a fairly handy to have still with our backline getting older,certainly deserves a roster spot over the likes of Toovey

at least Jason gave a honest effort everytime he played

Well I really hope that the Collingwood Football department are as professional as we have heard and that they would not pass him over, at least for the VFL side, because of past friction....
I have a lot of "opinion" in these forums as to why he was delisted but considering his form in the VFL cannot fathom the 2006 decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever happened to Jason Cloke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back